Link: AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season at Alabama

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I honestly think AJ will improve his draft stock with one more year. I say that knowing that Barkley probably hurt himself and that Murray probably wasted a year. I also think he is making a statement to encourage the high-flying juniors to enjoy college ball and grow under Saban for another year ... and may (whispers) another shot at a championship. The schedule sure looks enticing.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Now if only we can get Coach .......;) naw, too tempting to say it, but I 'll leave it alone. Its great to hear AJ coming back back for his senior year. Should be interesting next year. I think the OL line will be okay. Coach always said that to win, you have to do your part.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
This is Coach Sabans best recruiting effort. We get to have an experienced 5 star QB an extra year. I realize he wasn't a 5 star coming out of high school but he should have been.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
When you have this kind of talent, sometimes the best recruiting jobs come on the guys already on campus. This is one of those situations. 2013 sets up much better now because a veteran passer can ease the transition for those new linemen. I don't think those new linemen are going to be half-bad either. Kelly looked good as a backup to Barrett Jones and the options are pretty deep at LG and RT.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Barkley and Wilson peaked the year before, and made the mistake of coming back. I think AJ still has a lot to show and now he has another year to do it. If he wasn't injured this year, he might have gone. But he knows he wasn't able to play to his 100%.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Do you think AJ was talking about winning a Heisman or graduating college? He may already have a degree, not sure. Regardless, the worst he will ever do in life is be a bank VP or something like that as long as he is in Alabama. I think the team will owe it to AJ to open up the offense a bit more. Thinking along the lines of 3 and 4 wide with the talent on hand.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Jay Barker accomplished a lot, the NC and the his classes record.......but AJ could put himself on a pedestal that might never be duplicated. The youngsters today will view him like a rock star the rest of his life. He can write his ticket in Alabama. Even when he's 60 they will be rolling out the carpet.

He needs to ride his Bama legacy to it's fullist. I believe it will end up his most important accomplishments with any fanbase he has.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't think McCarron has peaked in terms of development. I think it's unlikely he could have another season where he throws next to no interceptions. Of course, he threw only 5 in 13 games last season.

Also, I really think that the 2013 team has a higher ceiling than this year's and an easier schedule to boot. Almost every game that has some relevance comes after a bye or game(s) where we win getting off the bus. If we could keep Mosley, the defense has huge potential if we can get a 3rd corner to step up (Fulton, somebody!) to solidify the nickel look with Milliner gone. The linebackers would be a Senior Mosley and 3 other Juniors. Pagan replaces Square, Ivory for Williams, and Stinson as a Senior.

If the OL can do something like the 2009 unit and exceed expectations when everybody expected them to be a weak link...watch out for this team.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Re: AJ will return for senior season

I never doubted that AJ would return.

It would be stupid to leave this year as a 3-6 Round pick, with a year of eligibility on the table. You rarely see QB's on good college teams skipping a year to be a mid round pick, instead of returning for playing experience to improve their draft stock and the dollar value of their first contract.

Who was the idiot from Ole Miss again? He wasn't on a great team but left and went undrafted. I think his name was Jevan Snead.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Re: AJ will return for senior season

It's not even February and already we have won a huge recruiting battle!

Keeping AJ around another year is huge. It gives us leadership on the offense, a proven winner at the most important position and buys us another year to develop some of the young QBs.

Now, if we can just figure out how to convince Fluker to stay and add 3 more years of eligibility to Jones, Warmack and Williams...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.