Link: AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season at Alabama

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
That is great for the offense. If we could now get CJ Mosley back for another year on defense, we will be in much better shape on that side of the ball.

RAB83

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 13, 2012
Tough kid. He impressed me when I watched him play. It seems clear he really, really, really bleeds crimson.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That is great for the offense. If we could now get CJ Mosley back for another year on defense, we will be in much better shape on that side of the ball.
If we get Mosley back, the defense has the potential to be more like the 2009 and 2011 units rather than 2010 or this year's unit. There will be a lot of experience in the back eight either way, but Mosley would be the playmaker to tie it altogether. The DL would be mostly revamped but Ivory has looked good and Pagan looks like another Dareus in the making.

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
I am THRILLED AJ is staying. Like some others, I had resigned myself to his leaving. I was not expecting this great news. Today, I woke up an uncharacteristically worried fan. Saban was on my mind with all the rumor news. Now, it seems like everything is coming together. I feel a lot better. Also, I can not help but think AJ was injured half way through the season and needed another year to help his draft status and show what he is capable of in good shape, barring any injuries next season.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Smart decision. With the receiving corps we return next year, AJ really has a chance to showcase his ability. The three peat is just icing on the cake!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Awesome news..With Amari headlining a stud gtoup of WR's coming back next year..Combined with what could be as good of a group of RB's we've ever had at Bama..Our offense should once again be among the best in college football next year..I can understand why all of college football hates us as much as they do..They might as well get used to our continued domination..The "Process" is only growing stronger..I'd hate us too if I were a rival fan..

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL
I had the misfortune to listen to the " Laughing Hyena " Danny Kanell on ESPN radio making light of AJ's anouncement . Said he was anouncing he was coming back to the NFL . Well done AJ . You , my son , are a leader . I'm proud of you ! ROLL TIDE !

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Awesome news..With Amari headlining a stud gtoup of WR's coming back next year..Combined with what could be as good of a group of RB's we've ever had at Bama..Our offense should once again be among the best in college football next year..I can understand why all of college football hates us as much as they do..They might as well get used to our continued domination..The "Process" is only growing stronger..I'd hate us too if I were a rival fan..
Yah, the OL will take a step back, but not too badly - we've got some crazy talent waiting for a shot. And getting Black, Bell, and White back will make the WR corps ridiculous.

And the defense will no longer be 'green' - 2013 will be to this year what 2011 was to 2010, imo.

With next year's schedule, wow, four in five years?

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Re: AJ will return for senior season

Great news for next season.

Starting off with a lot of new faces in our offensive line it'll be great to have a third year starting QB behind center....that definitly does nothing but helps us while they develop as a unit...

Looking forward, the team should be pretty solid again...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

This actually turned around several weeks ago. Even at the beginning of the season, he was strong about going and, as has been mentioned, his father was pushing hard for it, whereas his mom was willing to go with Coach Saban's advice. CNS' advice all along has been that this was not his best year to come out. I think the injury mid-season was probably the final straw. I hope it's the right decision for both him and the team and I believe it is...

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Best news I have heard in a while. It will give our young qb's a chance to learn and get better and watch someone who's been there. Thanks AJ

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
What others say doesn't mean a thing. When the players announce we will know.
I don't think Eddie has any incentive to come back. Worse offensive line and more competition at RB. Plus, running backs need to get their money while they can. It'd be dumb to put another season's worth of miles on his body without being paid.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
YESSSS!!!! All the consternation about who would start next year can come to a close. While he may struggle more with a less experienced OL, this is fantastic news for us on the player development and "reloading" fronts!

bama backer

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2006
Citrus Springs, Fla
What Great News - This kid was working hard for Alabama before he ever stepped on campus and has not slowed down. The timing of his announcement is great also. Thanks, A. J. ROLL TIDE ROLL

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Yah, the OL will take a step back, but not too badly - we've got some crazy talent waiting for a shot. And getting Black, Bell, and White back will make the WR corps ridiculous.

And the defense will no longer be 'green' - 2013 will be to this year what 2011 was to 2010, imo.

With next year's schedule, wow, four in five years?
im very excited about Jalston Fowler coming back from injury...

he was becoming a beast at H-Back....He's going to nothing but make our offense more difficult to defend.

and TJ and co will love running behind him for sure.

Return of AJ and a more veteran defense, along with a very favorable schedule makes a 3-peat a possibility for sure.

...of course, we havent won our second in a row yet, dont want to get ahead of reality.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.