DL Jay-nard Bostwick Signs with Florida

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: DL Jay-nard Bostick Updates

As for Bostwick, I think we have generally slow-played him up until recently. We had some other guys ahead of him on the board, and that is how it worked out.

Saban has done the in-home, though, so that ought to tell you our level of seriousness now. You don't waste time doing those unless you are really interested. Don't know that he has a firm offer just yet, and I figure guys like Vanderdoes are above him in the pecking order, but clearly we are looking to add at least one more DL outside of Liner, and if Adams and Vanderdoes go elsewhere, it would be no surprise to see us land Bostwick.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: DL Jay-nard Bostwick Updates

Today his coach said there are only three schools in the running for him, Miami, Florida, and UA.. His coach also stated that he thought the Miami mess might play into his decision..

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I hope he has a firm offer and we see him on the practice field in August next to Liner and Vanderdoes.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I am in agreeance.. I believe Vanderdoes is the first choice. and Bostwick would be next... Someone with more info might say different, just my opinion though...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I am in agreeance.. I believe Vanderdoes is the first choice. and Bostwick would be next... Someone with more info might say different, just my opinion though...
If we get Bostwick and Liner this will be very good DL class. If we get Vanderdoes and Liner this will be a great DL class.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012

If we get Bostwick and Liner this will be very good DL class. If we get Vanderdoes and Liner this will be a great DL class.
I think with either the DL class will be great, remember we have both Williams and Paige in the class as well. Very athletic strong bunch with playmakers.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I think with either the DL class will be great, remember we have both Williams and Paige in the class as well. Very athletic strong bunch with playmakers.
Williams will play LB, so I wouldn't count that...

However... Imagine Paige and Vanderdoes on the inside, Liner (who will play DE in a 3-4) on the outside with Williams at Jack....

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Has there been anything new on Bostwick? We're in on a lot of players still and I was wondering whether he is still on the board.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

Every year about this time, I remember what Saban told CMM on the plane back to T-Town. He turned to Mal and said, "Coach, I'm a good coach, but I'm a helluva a recruiter," Or words to that effect. Both Mal and Saban have confirmed that remark. I'm so glad that Mal lived long enough to see our revival and I wish Billy Neighbors had lived long enough to see more of it. Mal was born three days after me and Billy a couple of weeks later...
About the end of the first quarter of the BCS Championship game my wife turned to me and said the nearly the exact same thing.

Coincidentally, my child bride is in that age range also, born maybe six weeks later than Billy...as for the recruiting thing, wasn't it Coach Bryant that said "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken s...". Always led me to suspect that excellence in recruiting was one of the necessary characteristics that defined a great coach.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

About the end of the first quarter of the BCS Championship game my wife turned to me and said the nearly the exact same thing.

Coincidentally, my child bride is in that age range also, born maybe six weeks later than Billy...as for the recruiting thing, wasn't it Coach Bryant that said "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken s...". Always led me to suspect that excellence in recruiting was one of the necessary characteristics that defined a great coach.
Yep, all of us of that era are getting on up there. Say hello to your child bride for me...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.