Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Texas A&M

Texas A&M

I have the greatest respect for the Aggies and think they are a great addition to the SEC.Their QB is outstanding and deserves every accolade that has been bestowed upon him.Having said that,here is my question,Do you think the name Johnny Football is just silly and should stop?I am glad he did not play Hockey,enough already.
    OLDTIDE SAYS ROLL TIDE
    TO ALL BAMA FANS

2. Advertisement
  3. December 12th, 2012, 08:15 PM

Reason
    No profanity, even with symbols.

Re: Texas A&M

I think the nickname is stupid, but it is what it is.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

It's a catchy nickname. Really, what is the big deal about it?

I think it is fine.

BamaNation All-American

I thought it silly when first I heard it but now even I at times refer to him as johnny football.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Wink Re: Texas A&M

On Aggie forums, you will usually see him refered to as JFF (Johnny "Freaking" Football).
    Last edited by RAB83; December 12th, 2012 at 08:39 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

I don't really care either way, won't win any innovative nicknames of the year awards.
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

We really do need our own forum for A&M
    "Well, this is the second time this season now that Florida has found itself trailing in a ballgame, they were down 7-0 against Kentucky. There are few truths in an uncertain world but here's one, this ain't Kentucky!" - Verne Lundquist

Quote Originally Posted by beatthemtigers View Post
    Because of the overwhelming two threads about A&M on the first page (out of 39)?
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by beatthemtigers View Post
    because the two threads one discussing one of the bigger bowl games and the other discussing the Heisman winners nick name warrants it? or do you just dislike aTm? That latter I could understand
    Last edited by lafella; December 12th, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Because of the overwhelming two threads about A&M on the first page (out of 39)?
    No because ever since they beat us, they are all of a sudden our best buds....
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    It was that way before the game...people respect them a lot of history good history and bad but more good. LSU beat us last year we didn't treat them like buddies after that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Hrmm, I've not noticed that. I don't hate them (or Mizzou) like the rest of the SEC as they wren't here rubbing our noses in it when we struggled - that's why I hate the rest of the SEC.

I don't particularly care for A&M or Mizzou, but I don't hate them. Yet.

Lurch Backwater!