Question: Texas A&M

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I guess Johnny Football beats Johnny Bravo. 'Coz that's a cartoon character based on Elvis.

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004
Johnny Football is catchy. Reminds me of the movie "Johnny be Good". Side note: I dreamt we lose to A&M next year last night. Just a dream I hope gets shattered.

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL
I grew up in an Army family . Several of my dad's friends were grads of A&M that fought in WWII , Korea , and Vietnam . One , Henry Hauser , was a tackle on one of A&M's best teams . He could pass a 50 cent piece through his class ring . These guys were my heros . I have no problem with their team and wish them continued success against everyone but us ! rtr...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
No because ever since they beat us, they are all of a sudden our best buds....
For the record, I never hated them, and I though they were a great addition to the league.

I was actually very suprised at how well they did in their first year...and a LOT of that success was due to Johnny 'Football' Manzeil...

:)

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
I'll say the same thing I said last year about this time regarding Matthieu: it's amazing how much mileage a kid can get from a catchy nickname.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Personally i think the nickname is really juvenile. I also think the player(manziel)is overhyped and overrated. Johnny football is going to learn that defenses in this league dont stand pat,they make adjustments. Yep johnny football may have set the world on fire this year but its not gonna get any easier for him next year and with the defenses in this league making the necessary adjustments,i have a feeling he will come crashing back to earth this year. I look for him to be exposed as an average qb on a below average team next year. The aggies are losing a lot of key personnel this year. I wouldve thought a lot of you bama folks wouldve resented the brash,disrespectul way they bragged after they got lucky(and thats all it was,pure luck)and won in tuscaloosa.

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012
Like I told y'all before, Aggie is just Auburn in a different color. Y'all will figure this out soon enough. While they've had a great season, I wonder how they would've done in the Big12. Would they be playing for a NC now?
Since you mentioned it before I will mention in again. The Aggies aren't Auburn; for better or worse they are something unique. Might as well say we are just the University of Texas in different color uniforms. Scheese...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Texas A&M may have been similar to Auburn in the sense of a little sister school, but they have done something Auburn will never do: step out from under big brother's shadow. They will become their own man while Auburn still eats the scraps thrown by THE University of Alabama.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Isn't Johnny Football what they called Anthony Michael Hall in that movie he starred in, in the 80's? I can't remember the name of it, but I remember the movie. In the movie he was supposed to be a heralded qb do it all coming out of high school into college...and that's probably where they got it from.

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
Personally i think the nickname is really juvenile. I also think the player(manziel)is overhyped and overrated. Johnny football is going to learn that defenses in this league dont stand pat,they make adjustments. Yep johnny football may have set the world on fire this year but its not gonna get any easier for him next year and with the defenses in this league making the necessary adjustments,i have a feeling he will come crashing back to earth this year. I look for him to be exposed as an average qb on a below average team next year. The aggies are losing a lot of key personnel this year. I wouldve thought a lot of you bama folks wouldve resented the brash,disrespectul way they bragged after they got lucky(and thats all it was,pure luck)and won in tuscaloosa.
There are so many things wrong in this post I wouldn't know where to start. Wow!

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
As far as the nickname, Manziel even thinks it is funny. It started on texags about a year ago and just kinda took off! When he played the first game it really took off.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
I have no problem with the nickname when done by fans, etc. My only real problem is, like with any other adopted nickname, the media wears it slap out, ad nauseum. Cough, cough, Honey Badger.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
On Aggie forums, you will usually see him refered to as JFF (Johnny "Freaking" Football).
An apt description...
I didn't care for the nickname, but what can you say... He won a Heisman as a Freshman...
He earned it.
Outstanding athlete, danged lucky to boot.
Now he might become MR. JFF. I respect his accomplishments.
(Now lets see them try to duplicate next year... NOT...)

Last edited:

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
As much as congrats are in order for Manziel, I'm curious why the media never covered any information about his arrest the preceeding summer to his Heisman.

Not saying they should or shouldn't have, just curious.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.