Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Texas A&M

BamaNation All-American

Re: Texas A&M

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    No because ever since they beat us, they are all of a sudden our best buds....
    For the record, I never hated them, and I though they were a great addition to the league.

I was actually very suprised at how well they did in their first year...and a LOT of that success was due to Johnny 'Football' Manzeil...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Your dreams must not be aware of what they're losing this season.
    that's not a dream, thats a nightmare....
    I think we'll be better prepared for them next season...we'll be fine.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'll say the same thing I said last year about this time regarding Matthieu: it's amazing how much mileage a kid can get from a catchy nickname.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

I couldn't stand Texas A&M when Fran was their coach. But now I am fine with them.
    Lucky #13

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Personally i think the nickname is really juvenile. I also think the player(manziel)is overhyped and overrated. Johnny football is going to learn that defenses in this league dont stand pat,they make adjustments. Yep johnny football may have set the world on fire this year but its not gonna get any easier for him next year and with the defenses in this league making the necessary adjustments,i have a feeling he will come crashing back to earth this year. I look for him to be exposed as an average qb on a below average team next year. The aggies are losing a lot of key personnel this year. I wouldve thought a lot of you bama folks wouldve resented the brash,disrespectul way they bragged after they got lucky(and thats all it was,pure luck)and won in tuscaloosa.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    Like I told y'all before, Aggie is just Auburn in a different color. Y'all will figure this out soon enough. While they've had a great season, I wonder how they would've done in the Big12. Would they be playing for a NC now?
    Since you mentioned it before I will mention in again. The Aggies aren't Auburn; for better or worse they are something unique. Might as well say we are just the University of Texas in different color uniforms. Scheese...

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Texas A&M

Texas A&M may have been similar to Auburn in the sense of a little sister school, but they have done something Auburn will never do: step out from under big brother's shadow. They will become their own man while Auburn still eats the scraps thrown by THE University of Alabama.
    RTR!

My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

Well a Bama player has one of the all-time greatest nicknames! GUESS WHO!!

Paul William 'BEAR' Bryant.........

'This Is Crimson Tide Football'
    Where The A Says It All!

ROLL~TIDE~ROLL
    This Above All: To thine own self be TRUE!
    [William Shakespeare - (Hamlet)]

BamaNation All-SEC dadleyblane5's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Isn't Johnny Football what they called Anthony Michael Hall in that movie he starred in, in the 80's? I can't remember the name of it, but I remember the movie. In the movie he was supposed to be a heralded qb do it all coming out of high school into college...and that's probably where they got it from.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    Personally i think the nickname is really juvenile. I also think the player(manziel)is overhyped and overrated. Johnny football is going to learn that defenses in this league dont stand pat,they make adjustments. Yep johnny football may have set the world on fire this year but its not gonna get any easier for him next year and with the defenses in this league making the necessary adjustments,i have a feeling he will come crashing back to earth this year. I look for him to be exposed as an average qb on a below average team next year. The aggies are losing a lot of key personnel this year. I wouldve thought a lot of you bama folks wouldve resented the brash,disrespectul way they bragged after they got lucky(and thats all it was,pure luck)and won in tuscaloosa.
    There are so many things wrong in this post I wouldn't know where to start. Wow!

BamaNation Second Team

As far as the nickname, Manziel even thinks it is funny. It started on texags about a year ago and just kinda took off! When he played the first game it really took off.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I have no problem with the nickname when done by fans, etc. My only real problem is, like with any other adopted nickname, the media wears it slap out, ad nauseum. Cough, cough, Honey Badger.
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RAB83 View Post
    On Aggie forums, you will usually see him refered to as JFF (Johnny "Freaking" Football).
    An apt description...
    I didn't care for the nickname, but what can you say... He won a Heisman as a Freshman...
    He earned it.
    Outstanding athlete, danged lucky to boot.
    Now he might become MR. JFF. I respect his accomplishments.
    (Now lets see them try to duplicate next year... NOT...)
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; December 14th, 2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: format