Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crimson Tide in the NFL - College Pipelines

Cool chart I found that lists each School's NFL Players by Conference, Position and Drafted Round. Tide are climbing the charts baby! Expect to see them in the Top 5 within a year or two.

NFL College Pipelines

2. Advertisement

Re: Crimson Tide in the NFL - College Pipelines

Surprised to see Miami still so high, because they have not done much in the last decade. Just shows how much talent is in that vicinity.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Texas and Georgia prove what we already know: Mark Richt and Mack Brown are severely overrated as coaches.

Chart serves as an excellent example of how much talent Richt has wasted while he's been in Athens.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

Coaching means a ton, look at Cal for example. What have they done?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Texas and Georgia prove what we already know: Mark Richt and Mack Brown are severely overrated as coaches.

Chart serves as an excellent example of how much talent Richt has wasted while he's been in Athens.
    Richt had a great team this season and still couldn't even make it to a BCS Bowl, he needs to go!

Is that list old? Hard to believe Miami still has more than SC?

On a similar note, does anyone have that pic of the NFL room that Alabama has? Remember seeing it posted here earlier this season. It has all the NFL helmets cut in half and sunk in a wall. Was pretty slick to see the Tide players who have went on to the pros honored like that on campus . Not a bad recruiting tool either I'd imagine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthat_TIDE View Post
    Surprised to see Miami still so high, because they have not done much in the last decade. Just shows how much talent is in that vicinity.
    Because the teams from 1999 to 2003 had so much talent that a lot of them are 10+year NFL players... Vilma, Gore, McGahee, Wilfork, Andre Johnson, etc. Unbelievable talent in that era.
    I imagine that we will top that list in a few years and remain there for a while, long after this era of dominance is over.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthat_TIDE View Post
    Plus there are still a decent number of players in the NFL that were at Miami when it was still a relevant college football program.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanish View Post
    Because the teams from 1999 to 2003 had so much talent that a lot of them are 10+year NFL players... Vilma, Gore, McGahee, Wilfork, Andre Johnson, etc. Unbelievable talent in that era.
    I imagine that we will top that list in a few years and remain there for a while, long after this era of dominance is over.
    Yeah, that's what I mean. I can think of a bunch of guys who are 1-4 years away from retirement.

Not so sure I agree with you on Bama topping the list in the long run, though. Bama's 1st round picks haven't worked out in the NFL anywhere near as well as those guys you just listed.
    Last edited by thefloydian; December 14th, 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    Yeah, that's what I mean. I can think of a bunch of guys who are 1-4 years away from retirement.

Not so sure I agree with you on Bama topping the list in the long run, though. Bama's 1st round picks haven't worked out in the NFL anywhere near as well as those guys you just listed.
    It takes time. They had a lot of star players that didn't pan out in the NFL, but we don't remember them anymore. We will be the same way. Maybe not to the same extent... I mean, Miami had a historic run there in terms of NFL talent.
    Think that in ten years, Julio will still be there, and maybe another one or two. And, only one of Saban's recruiting classes has finished up. When ten of Saban's classes have graduated, there will be a lot of Alabama players in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanish View Post
    It takes time. They had a lot of star players that didn't pan out in the NFL, but we don't remember them anymore. We will be the same way. Maybe not to the same extent... I mean, Miami had a historic run there in terms of NFL talent.
    Think that in ten years, Julio will still be there, and maybe another one or two. And, only one of Saban's recruiting classes has finished up. When ten of Saban's classes have graduated, there will be a lot of Alabama players in the NFL.
    Agree! Props to Miami though, that 2001 team was loaded and it didn't even have Ray Lewis on it.

BamaNation All-American RammerJammer14's Avatar
    My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

If you click on the rankings by conference, the SEC has nearly 100 more drafted players in the NFL than the next conference which is, oddly, the ACC. Crazy.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."