Crimson Tide in the NFL - College Pipelines

Fanatic24

Dec 9, 2012
Cool chart I found that lists each School's NFL Players by Conference, Position and Drafted Round. Tide are climbing the charts baby! Expect to see them in the Top 5 within a year or two.

NFL College Pipelines

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004
Surprised to see Miami still so high, because they have not done much in the last decade. Just shows how much talent is in that vicinity.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Texas and Georgia prove what we already know: Mark Richt and Mack Brown are severely overrated as coaches.

Chart serves as an excellent example of how much talent Richt has wasted while he's been in Athens.

Fanatic24

Dec 9, 2012
Texas and Georgia prove what we already know: Mark Richt and Mack Brown are severely overrated as coaches.

Chart serves as an excellent example of how much talent Richt has wasted while he's been in Athens.
Richt had a great team this season and still couldn't even make it to a BCS Bowl, he needs to go!

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
On a similar note, does anyone have that pic of the NFL room that Alabama has? Remember seeing it posted here earlier this season. It has all the NFL helmets cut in half and sunk in a wall. Was pretty slick to see the Tide players who have went on to the pros honored like that on campus . Not a bad recruiting tool either I'd imagine lol.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Surprised to see Miami still so high, because they have not done much in the last decade. Just shows how much talent is in that vicinity.
Because the teams from 1999 to 2003 had so much talent that a lot of them are 10+year NFL players... Vilma, Gore, McGahee, Wilfork, Andre Johnson, etc. Unbelievable talent in that era.
I imagine that we will top that list in a few years and remain there for a while, long after this era of dominance is over.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
Plus there are still a decent number of players in the NFL that were at Miami when it was still a relevant college football program.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
Because the teams from 1999 to 2003 had so much talent that a lot of them are 10+year NFL players... Vilma, Gore, McGahee, Wilfork, Andre Johnson, etc. Unbelievable talent in that era.
I imagine that we will top that list in a few years and remain there for a while, long after this era of dominance is over.
Yeah, that's what I mean. I can think of a bunch of guys who are 1-4 years away from retirement.

Not so sure I agree with you on Bama topping the list in the long run, though. Bama's 1st round picks haven't worked out in the NFL anywhere near as well as those guys you just listed.

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Yeah, that's what I mean. I can think of a bunch of guys who are 1-4 years away from retirement.

Not so sure I agree with you on Bama topping the list in the long run, though. Bama's 1st round picks haven't worked out in the NFL anywhere near as well as those guys you just listed.
It takes time. They had a lot of star players that didn't pan out in the NFL, but we don't remember them anymore. We will be the same way. Maybe not to the same extent... I mean, Miami had a historic run there in terms of NFL talent.
Think that in ten years, Julio will still be there, and maybe another one or two. And, only one of Saban's recruiting classes has finished up. When ten of Saban's classes have graduated, there will be a lot of Alabama players in the NFL.

Fanatic24

Dec 9, 2012
It takes time. They had a lot of star players that didn't pan out in the NFL, but we don't remember them anymore. We will be the same way. Maybe not to the same extent... I mean, Miami had a historic run there in terms of NFL talent.
Think that in ten years, Julio will still be there, and maybe another one or two. And, only one of Saban's recruiting classes has finished up. When ten of Saban's classes have graduated, there will be a lot of Alabama players in the NFL.
Agree! Props to Miami though, that 2001 team was loaded and it didn't even have Ray Lewis on it.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
If you click on the rankings by conference, the SEC has nearly 100 more drafted players in the NFL than the next conference which is, oddly, the ACC. Crazy.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Richt had a great team this season and still couldn't even make it to a BCS Bowl, he needs to go!
Not based on this year. They faced a better team in the championship game and it was a great performance by them. If Coach Saban had his way they would have played in a BCS game. They did hand Florida their only loss by the way.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
Not based on this year. They faced a better team in the championship game and it was a great performance by them. If Coach Saban had his way they would have played in a BCS game. They did hand Florida their only loss by the way.
Talent-wise Georgia was better than Alabama this year. If Alabama was a better team it was because of coaching.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Talent-wise Georgia was better than Alabama this year. If Alabama was a better team it was because of coaching.
Not so sure that is true position by position who would you rather have from Georgia over who we have. Maybe Jarvis Jones but I think Moseley is a better smarter player than him.

Fanatic24

Dec 9, 2012
Ya ACC is skewed because of Miami. Florida State is on the rise though so they might add players once Miami drops down to keep the ACC relevant.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Give it 2-3 more years. At the rate Alabama is having with 1st and 2nd round picks, they are going keep gaining a lot of ground.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.