Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Link Texas Tech hires Texas A&M Offensive Coordinator for head coach

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

"Texas Tech hired one of its own Wednesday, bringing back former Red Raiders quarterback Kliff Kingsbury to become the head coach."

"Kingsbury was the offensive coordinator at Texas A&M, coaching Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel, this year and was the first in a string of record-setting quarterbacks for the Red Raiders under former coach Mike Leach."

"He has never been a head coach and at 33, he'll be one of the youngest in major college football."
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Texas Tech hires Texas A&M Offenisve Coordinator for head coach

Strike while the iron is hot.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I'm sure he will do fine there. Good luck Kliff.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Texas Tech hires Texas A&M Offenisve Coordinator for head coach

He is awfully young. He will need to hire a good defensive coordinator to really be successful.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusTide View Post
    He is awfully young. He will need to hire a good defensive coordinator to really be successful.
    That really didn't stop Mike Leach from being successful at Tech.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusTide View Post
    He is very young, and inexperienced...but every coach needs to hire good offensive and defensive coordinators to be successful...

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Texas Tech hires Texas A&M Offensive Coordinator for head coach

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

"Texas Tech hired one of its own Wednesday, bringing back former Red Raiders quarterback Kliff Kingsbury to become the head coach."

"Kingsbury was the offensive coordinator at Texas A&M, coaching Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel, this year and was the first in a string of record-setting quarterbacks for the Red Raiders under former coach Mike Leach."

"He has never been a head coach and at 33, he'll be one of the youngest in major college football."
    I wonder how much drop off aTm will see on offense next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bamagradinATL View Post
    Considering they're losing two (likely) top10 tackles, three of four RBs (iirc) and a ton of other players, and now Kingsbury - I suspect next year will be a step back for A&M.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Great hire for Tech. As someone mentioned in the Coaching Carousel thread, he should be loyal to TT as an alumnus. Add his loyalty with his age, the only missing piece to a lifetime coach is success. If he can be successful at TT, he'll be there a long, long time.

In relation to the necessary defense, I think he learned this year at A&M what a stout D can do. Bama saw first hand that defense wasn't anything to laugh at.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team MightyWingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Considering they're losing two (likely) top10 tackles, three of four RBs (iirc) and a ton of other players, and now Kingsbury - I suspect next year will be a step back for A&M.
    We might lose one of the tackles (Luke Joeckel), Jake Matthews isn't leaving. We are definitely losing Patrick Lewis (he's a senior) and are replacing him with Mike Matthews (Jakes brother). We're losing 1 RB and getting in 2 RB transfers, one from Oregeon named Tra Carson who was a 3 or 4* and Brandon Williams from OU who was a 5*.

On defense, we're losing a 2 LB's and a DB that were great contributors and possibly Demontre Moore.

Kingsbury did a pretty good job for us, but he's just 3 years removed from being a G.A. at UofH and this past season was his first as an OC. Prior to coming to A&M he was a Co-OC with Jason Phillips who's now at SMU.

Sorry, I was obviously mistaken - thanks for the correction, MW!
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Yes. Mike Sherman did an excellent job recruiting that offense over the years. I'm not sure how Sumlin's recruiting stacks up and whether they have to reload or rebuild. But a drop off should be in store for 2013. You don't just replace that kind of depth and talent and expect to keep right on clicking along.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by bamagradinATL View Post
    Defense? Tech's in the Big WTF, where they don't need no stinkin' dee-fense.