Link: "Aaron Murray can't sleep since loss"

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Losing is tough, no doubt about it.

A lot of us have been there - just maybe not at that level., If he gave 100% of his talent and effort to that game, and I expect he did, he has no reason to shoulder the burden of that loss.

I hope for the sake of the psyche of the Notre Dam players, the notion that they may not beat Bama has crossed their minds. :)

The Purdues and Wake Forests of their schedule are in the rear view. They're about to upgrade their schedule.

Last edited:

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
If that is the worst thing that ever happens to him. He should count himself blessed beyond normal. He better learn to let the small stuff go. Yes, football is the small stuff in the grand scheme of things.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Apparently the "Bill Buckner Syndrome" has overtaken Aaron. It's a hard thing to do but for his and his team's sake, he needs to get his mind and emotions moving toward the next game.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
I can sympathize with him - AJ had reason to feel the same way again TAM. We were fortunate to come out of this game with a win, IMO - GA drove the ball right down the field on us, and had a good chance to win the game. It was definitely too close for comfort.

Thanks, CJ! Now go sing Murray a lullaby.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
But, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, Barry Sander, Bo Jackson, Joe Montona, Tim Tebow, Micheal Jordan had moments like that............
And each one manned up and learned from the experience. Murray really does need to get over himself. Everyone has bad things happen to them not just athletes. If that bothers him so much, he will be a constant nut job in the NFL.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
And each one manned up and learned from the experience. Murray really does need to get over himself. Everyone has bad things happen to them not just athletes. If that bothers him so much, he will be a constant nut job in the NFL.
Im sure he'll 'man up'...I dont think this has anything to do with that.

that doesnt mean it wasnt a heartbreaking loss...I watched the game, to lose like that hurts...

Kind of like AJ cxruying after the win at LSU...it doesn't show they're not men...they put their heart and soul into the game.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
as many big games as he has lost, i figure he'd be used to it by now. ;)

i agree with some of the other posters here, he needs to grow up and get over himself. its just a game. if this is the biggest issue he faces, he will be a lucky man

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Good. It shows the game means a lot to him.
As a college athlete myself, I can't stand other athletes who lose a game that important and pretend like it's not the end of the world. Because it is the closest thing to the end of the world possible for us.
I like this attitude, but Aaron Murray needs to put on his big boy boxers and deal with it. He still has football left to play and a team who is depending on him to get it together and go out and win!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Actually, it was. We won but they were in a position to score the TD at the end. Like it or not.
I think what he means is that, they were overwhelmed so badly in every stat category, they were extremely fortunate to even be in a position to win at the end, and I agree with that outlook...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Without that blocked kick return for a TD... it wouldn't have been so close at the end.

But it was, and I understand the heartbreak. However, he's doing himself a huge disservice by dwelling on it. Champions in life rebound. Everyone gets knocked down. Everyone loses at some point. Everyone suffers heartbreak. But it's how we respond to adversity that defines us. I hope, for his sake, he finally shakes the dust off and gets on down the road of life.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I understand his feelings. This wasn't just a normal regular season game, it was the last few moments before going to the National Championship. I am not going to be negative about him. It would be hypocritical, since we also have an emotional QB who would do the same.

Murray showed passion for the game, just like AJ showed after the LSU game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.