Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team TideHiFlyer's Avatar

Re: "Aaron Murray can't sleep since loss"

LACES OUT!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bama_fan01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    Perhaps they should coin a medical term for the mental anguish and post traumatic stress that comes from losing to Nick Saban in big games. They could call it PTSS, Post Traumatic Sabanization Syndrome.
    Or maybe PPS...Post Process Syndrome

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I can sympathize with him - AJ had reason to feel the same way again TAM. We were fortunate to come out of this game with a win, IMO - GA drove the ball right down the field on us, and had a good chance to win the game. It was definitely too close for comfort.

Thanks, CJ! Now go sing Murray a lullaby.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster63 View Post
    Maybe he should talk to Shane Matthews to get some advice.
    Though I've heard Shane still has problems with it he did call the Bama team and wish them luck before the Miami game. Great example of sportsmanship.

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    But, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, Barry Sander, Bo Jackson, Joe Montona, Tim Tebow, Micheal Jordan had moments like that............
    And each one manned up and learned from the experience. Murray really does need to get over himself. Everyone has bad things happen to them not just athletes. If that bothers him so much, he will be a constant nut job in the NFL.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Alajambama View Post
    And each one manned up and learned from the experience. Murray really does need to get over himself. Everyone has bad things happen to them not just athletes. If that bothers him so much, he will be a constant nut job in the NFL.
    Im sure he'll 'man up'...I dont think this has anything to do with that.

that doesnt mean it wasnt a heartbreaking loss...I watched the game, to lose like that hurts...

Kind of like AJ cxruying after the win at LSU...it doesn't show they're not men...they put their heart and soul into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alajambama View Post
    as many big games as he has lost, i figure he'd be used to it by now.

i agree with some of the other posters here, he needs to grow up and get over himself. its just a game. if this is the biggest issue he faces, he will be a lucky man
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by runatl View Post
    Good. It shows the game means a lot to him.
    As a college athlete myself, I can't stand other athletes who lose a game that important and pretend like it's not the end of the world. Because it is the closest thing to the end of the world possible for us.
    I like this attitude, but Aaron Murray needs to put on his big boy boxers and deal with it. He still has football left to play and a team who is depending on him to get it together and go out and win!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

He probably has a lot going on with his Dad being sick and the comments being made that he chokes in big game (like immediately after the game). I'm not going to bash the kid, because you never know what is going on inside someone's head.

Quote Originally Posted by RollinTider1335 View Post
    Actually, it was. We won but they were in a position to score the TD at the end. Like it or not.
    I think what he means is that, they were overwhelmed so badly in every stat category, they were extremely fortunate to even be in a position to win at the end, and I agree with that outlook...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Without that blocked kick return for a TD... it wouldn't have been so close at the end.

But it was, and I understand the heartbreak. However, he's doing himself a huge disservice by dwelling on it. Champions in life rebound. Everyone gets knocked down. Everyone loses at some point. Everyone suffers heartbreak. But it's how we respond to adversity that defines us. I hope, for his sake, he finally shakes the dust off and gets on down the road of life.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

I understand his feelings. This wasn't just a normal regular season game, it was the last few moments before going to the National Championship. I am not going to be negative about him. It would be hypocritical, since we also have an emotional QB who would do the same.

Murray showed passion for the game, just like AJ showed after the LSU game.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Everyone gets knocked down. Everyone loses at some point. Everyone suffers heartbreak.

Speak for yourself!