Link: "Aaron Murray can't sleep since loss"

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I tell you what after the hit he took on the int return, he showed some big you know whats for coming back in and if weren't for us not making that 1st down on our final drive, he would not have been in the position of that dramatic drive that our D held the game for us. Some of you younger folks probabily don't remember the Oakland Raiders of 1980 when on the road in the playoffs in Cleveland, their D won the game for them, kind of reminds me of that playoff game.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I think what he means is that, they were overwhelmed so badly in every stat category, they were extremely fortunate to even be in a position to win at the end, and I agree with that outlook...
While I agree with this it didn't really feel like that watching the game. When I looked at the stats the following day in the paper I was surprised. It seemed like alot closer game than the stats and it was because of the turnovers. Murray played a hell of a game and no reason to hang his head. Better him to lose sleep over it than me though. Roll Tide!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
If he didn't lose sleep, my thought is there would be something wrong with him. He played hard, came within seconds/inches of winning. Shows he has, and plays with, passion, and not someone who glibly brushes off "If losing that game is the worse thing that has happened to me, I had a good life."

See Tony Romo, as in above. And how we was roasted in the media, for his "frat boy on spring break" attitude to flubbing a big game. Don't know about you guys, but give me one AM over 100 Romos.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
While I agree with this it didn't really feel like that watching the game. When I looked at the stats the following day in the paper I was surprised. It seemed like alot closer game than the stats and it was because of the turnovers. Murray played a hell of a game and no reason to hang his head. Better him to lose sleep over it than me though. Roll Tide!
wins arent handed out on stats, though...look at last years LSU game (The first one). we won the stats, but got the 'L' on our record.

and changing certain plays in hindsight kinda changes the game.

we didnt get a first down on the last drive...their defense stopped us...and then we had to have a great save from ours to hold on in the last seconds.

It was a tough loss...it would've been a hard one for us as bama fans to swallow if it had ended with a TD on that last pass, also...

I understand how he feels...But Im glad its not us feeling that ...

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
I'll give him credit for the game he played, but my wife pointed out to me how he ran straight off the field as soon as the game was over. No congrats, 'good game', or anything else to anybody. Anybody else see this? I'm sure he didn't come back out, and I'm sure CNS, AJ, etc would've looked him up to tell him good game. Unless somebody saw something different I think that was pretty childish. I know he was hugely disappointed, but there's such a thing as being a gracious loser as well as winner. I had been giving him some respect after the way the refs let Fairley stomp on him in 2010, now maybe not so much.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
BTW, its been almost two weeks and I haven't heard anything about Dial'***** on Murray. Has there been any news about whether he'll be suspended or not? Slive should've said something by now if he was. It's not fair to him to have to wait in limbo with such a huge final game coming up for him. If Slive treats him like he did the boogs and scam two years ago then he would have nothing to worry about.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I'll give him credit for the game he played, but my wife pointed out to me how he ran straight off the field as soon as the game was over. No congrats, 'good game', or anything else to anybody. Anybody else see this? I'm sure he didn't come back out, and I'm sure CNS, AJ, etc would've looked him up to tell him good game. Unless somebody saw something different I think that was pretty childish. I know he was hugely disappointed, but there's such a thing as being a gracious loser as well as winner. I had been giving him some respect after the way the refs let Fairley stomp on him in 2010, now maybe not so much.

Fast forward to about the :50 second mark. It shows him running to the locker room.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Let's just give everyone a trophy so no one gets their feelings hurt.
With all due respect, we are talking about Georgia and not Auburn. ;) :biggrin2:

I can definitely feel for him. That was a tough loss. I know that we felt this way as recently as the 2010 Bama-Auburn game. I still have the bitter taste in my mouth from losing to freakin' Cam Newton. Though the 2011 National Championship, has gone a long way to heal that wound. :biggrin:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I can sympathize with him - AJ had reason to feel the same way again TAM. We were fortunate to come out of this game with a win, IMO - GA drove the ball right down the field on us, and had a good chance to win the game. It was definitely too close for comfort.

Thanks, CJ! Now go sing Murray a lullaby.
I was about to say the same thing...that AJ was in the exact same position to win the game against aTm and came up short. I'm sure losing really hurt both QBs the same...but the difference is that AJ stopped looking back and focused on what he could control going forward.

I think this is something the 2008 Alabama team was unable to do after the loss to Florida in the SECCG...and it killed us against Utah in the Sugar Bowl. UGA should be able to bounce back and look impressive in the Capital One Bowl...but Murray's going to need to get his head on straight if he wants to have a good game. Nebraska, despite the pounding they took in the B1GCG, has the best pass defense in the B1G. If you remove the B1GCG, they only averaged giving up 166 yards rushing per game as well, which would have ranked them in the middle of the B1G in rush defense.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Well, I presume he's exaggerating a little bit, but good for the kid who takes it to heart. Hope he channels it into a beatdown of the Huskers. "Wouldn't give a hoot in (not allowed to say where under board policy) for a man who lost and laughed."

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Fast forward to about the :50 second mark. It shows him running to the locker room.
Yep. That's what I saw. Straight in, do not pass go or collect $100 (there would've been a lot of those handshakes if they'd won). I respect his passion and disappointment. Did AJ do this after LSU last year or aTm this year? CNS nothing but gracious in defeat. Bear's gracious gestures in defeat like visiting the ND locker room after losing the 73 Sugar Bowl to them are well known (when that had to be one of the toughest losses of his career).

BamaMcGowin

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 8, 2012
Corydon, Iowa
Sounds like a theme after being beat by Alabama under the past 5 years:
- Tebow cried
- Meyer had to quit
- Jordan Jefferson/Honey Badger
- Chizik's gone after not having sCam for a 2nd year in a row
- Murray at UGly

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.