Link: "Aaron Murray can't sleep since loss"

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
http://espn.go.com/college-football...-aaron-murray-sleep-loss-alabama-crimson-tide

He had better get it together or he will have a long day in Orlando.

"Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray says he has yet to move past what occurred in the closing seconds of the SEC championship game, when the Bulldogs' hopes for an upset of Alabama and a chance at a national title died at the Crimson Tide's 5-yard line."

"I can't sleep at night," Murray said Wednesday in his first interview since the 32-28 loss to Alabama on Dec. 1. "I literally replay the entire game pretty much every night before I go to bed. It's stressful. It's a game that will probably haunt me the rest of my life, honestly."

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
Good. It shows the game means a lot to him.
As a college athlete myself, I can't stand other athletes who lose a game that important and pretend like it's not the end of the world. Because it is the closest thing to the end of the world possible for us.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Show some sympathy for him. If that was us on the other side losing that game, we all would've been in the same boat, having trouble sleeping at night. I know how he felt though. My team and I lost a close game, because I took a bad shot, and that has been bothering me for the last 10 years, and I never really got over it.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I wouldn't say this about any other school, but sorry, you chose to go to Georgia. Take the SEC football frustration along with the partying and the easy degree. All were well-documented before you signed up.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
Show some sympathy for him. If that was us on the other side losing that game, we all would've been in the same boat, having trouble sleeping at night. I know how he felt though. My team and I lost a close game, because I took a bad shot, and that has been bothering me for the last 10 years, and I never really got over it.
Let's just give everyone a trophy so no one gets their feelings hurt. We are talking about college athletes, not a group of little kids or high school kids.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Let's just give everyone a trophy so no one gets their feelings hurt. We are talking about college athletes, not a group of little kids or high school kids.
But, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, Barry Sander, Bo Jackson, Joe Montona, Tim Tebow, Micheal Jordan had moments like that............

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
After the next game he will get over this one. I guess he feels like our QB when Florida beat un in 2008. At least Nebraska is a big name program and not a MWC wannabe.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
I think it's ok to show sympathy to the opposing team and players. Sometimes we sound like a scout forum. He played a great game I have no problem showing some compassion.

tmv85

All-SEC
This is life. Things don't always go the way we want, but we have to stiffen our spines and move forward. I understand that it bothers him, but it is a game. Thousands of people would trade places with him in a nanosecond if it meant they could have another hour with a loved one who was unexpectedly taken from them. Mr. Murray, if losing the SECCG is the worst thing that eer happens to you, you will have an extremely blessed life.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.