Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ThumbsUp Alphonse Taylor has a great attitude about redshirt year...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Alphonse Taylor has a great attitude about redshirt year : link

reading that makes me feel a lot better about the losses on the offensive line...
    shows a Great attitude, and willing to learn from some of the best linemen in the game....

I expect a little more mistakes while they learn to play togerher, but if they have this type of attitude, well, that will definitly shorten the learning curve...

Re: Alphonse Taylor has a great attitude about redshirt year...

Next year's OL will take a step back compared to this year, but will be very good. Lots of talent and it sure sounds like everyone has bought in to the process...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I like his attitude, too. Just wondering, though - is 6'5" a good height for guard? I've always imagined a guard to be a little shorter, although it may not make a lot of difference. Does he have the potential to fill a tackle position?
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    I like his attitude, too. Just wondering, though - is 6'5" a good height for guard? I've always imagined a guard to be a little shorter, although it may not make a lot of difference. Does he have the potential to fill a tackle position?
    tackle requires better footwork than guard...the guard position is more about leverage. Being taller can be either a positive or negative, depending on how tall he plays at the position...

of course, if he plays too tall and loses leverage against the d-linemen, he wont get on the field as a guard, IMO.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    Usually 6'4" & 6'5" is prototypical for an NFL Guard. Keep in mind that 6'5" was Taylor's listed recruiting height. He's probably closer to 6'4" as nearly every player measures in about half an inch to an inch shorter than expected at the NFL combine.

2011 NFL All-Pro Guards
    Carl Nicks 6-5
    Jahri Evans 6-4

2010 NFL All-Pro Guards
    Logan Mankins 6-4
    Jahri Evans 6-4

2009 NFL All-Pro Guards
    Steve Hutchinson 6-5
    Jahri Evans 6-4
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Great article. We are going to replace some great one's from this team but even they had to start somewhere.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alphonse Taylor has a great attitude about redshirt year...

Love his attitude. He sees what having that attitude does. It pays off big time towards his development.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Next year's OL will take a step back compared to this year, but will be very good. Lots of talent and it sure sounds like everyone has bought in to the process...
    Our current line loses Barret Jones (Center), Chance Warmack (Guard), Anthony Steen (Guard), and high probability of DJ Fluker (Tackle).

...Thats a whole lot of talent walking away we have to replace in one year...

I know its way too early and nobody knows for certain, but from what we know, which players seem to have the edge to replace these guys on the line?

Anybody have a guess?

I remember reading earlier in the season that Warmack spoke very highly of Taylor's talent and said he would be a beast after he leaves.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaglory View Post
    I remember reading earlier in the season that Warmack spoke very highly of Taylor's talent and said he would be a beast after he leaves.

I kind of expect Arie Kouandjou will replace one guard position; perhaps Alphonse Taylor will be the other...

I wonder Who the prime candidates for Right Tackle and Center will be?

Isn't Steen a junior (though a redshirt)? He's coming back.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    Isn't Steen a junior (though a redshirt)? He's coming back.
    You're correct...I thoguht for some reason it was his senior season.