Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 12/13/12

Alabama Crimson Tide football fans know that some things about our beloved obsession are too amazing to be described by mere words. The images of past glories inform our sense of self and our sense of place within the community of Alabama football fanatics.This video sums up not only the championship history of the Tide, but the amazing 2012 season that has Alabama in the BCS National Championship game in pursuit of its 15th national title, as well as back-to-back championships for the first time since 1979. Turn up the sound, sit back and get ready to relive Crimson history.

Alabama Football: Here Comes Number 15-bamahammer.com

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Remember Landon Collins' mother, who kind of rained on his parade a year ago when he announced he would sign with Alabama. His mother said he should've picked LSU. Now as the Crimson Tide heads to the BCS National Championship Game, do you think she has changed her mind?

A glance back at Landon Collins’ mom disagreeing with her son picking Bama (video)-Daily Bama Blog

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The ringing in my ears has finally stopped, and my heartbeat is back to normal. This was a great Crimson Tide win, one for the ages, and propels them into a much anticipated showdown with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

Alabama Advisory Board: Tide's SEC win one for the ages-montgomeryadvertiser.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama’s junior quarterback AJ McCarron made the right move in deciding to return for his senior season, according to most NFL draft scouts and analyses of his 2013 draft prospects.
    Scouts: AJ McCarron wise to return for senior year-ibleedcrimsonred.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

“He knows the SEC, having coached at Tennessee, and is familiar with what it takes to be successful in this conference. He is an upbeat and positive person who has proven at every stop he is an elite coach in our profession…Jim Chaney’s approach will blend well with my ideas as we work to put together a plan for the team we have and over time develop our specific philosophy.”

EX-UT OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR CHANEY LANDS AT ARKANSAS, NOT MISSOURI-MRSEC

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The SEC was 5-2 in bowl games a year ago, and that included Alabama’s 21-0 win against LSU in an all-SEC affair in the BCS title game. Can the SEC better that mark this season? We’ll start to find out on Dec. 31 when Vanderbilt takes on NC State in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl. Here’s a look at the best case/worst case scenarios for all nine SEC teams this bowl season:

Best case/worst case: SEC bowls-SEC BLOG ESPN

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Ridiculous. The kind of thing that happens when your program goes dark for two weeks and nobody has anything to write about.
    OPINION: It would be tough for Saban to leave Alabama-Dothan Eagle Alabama

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Tony McCarrondoesn't pretend to know as much about football as his son or Alabama coach Nick Saban. It's why AJ McCarron'sdecision to return to Alabama for his senior season was one that didn't require much discussion when he laid it out to his family. "I run in burning buildings for a living," said Tony McCarron, a longtime firefighter in Mobile. "I've never played football, don't know anything about football so there's no way I'm going to give him advice on something I'm not educated in." Tony said AJ met with Saban about his future on multiple occasions before he announced his decision Wednesday.
    AJ McCarron's father provides insight into his son's decision to return to Alabama in 2013-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Forty names, games, teams and minutiae making news in college football this bowl season (Garden State Bowl (1) tickets no longer sold separately – or sold, period): As The Dash has previously pointed out: it’s a bad bowl season. Too many lousy matchups, too many 6-6 teams, too many decent-to-good teams on postseason probation. (If we had Ohio State, Penn State, North Carolina and Miami, the trickle-down would kick out some of the riffraff. But we don’t. These are the wages of sin and scandal.) Still, if it’s a choice between battling for mall parking spaces to go Christmas shopping or watching football, The Dash is pretty sure which way a lot of you will choose. The New Mexico Bowl is there as a stress-free alternative to rummaging through overpriced lotions at Bath & Body Works. The Hawaii Bowl is there to give you something to watch while haphazardly wrapping that overpriced lotion. And besides, there are bowl pools to win (for entertainment purposes only, of course). So The Dash is here to break down all 35 games for you, the reading audience. Because The Dash cares.
    Dashing through the college football bowl season-Yahoo! Sports Pat Forde

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com