Blog: Latest Bama News 12/13/12

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
The SEC was 5-2 in bowl games a year ago, and that included Alabama’s 21-0 win against LSU in an all-SEC affair in the BCS title game. Can the SEC better that mark this season? We’ll start to find out on Dec. 31 when Vanderbilt takes on NC State in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl. Here’s a look at the best case/worst case scenarios for all nine SEC teams this bowl season:

Best case/worst case: SEC bowls-SEC BLOG ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Tony McCarrondoesn't pretend to know as much about football as his son or Alabama coach Nick Saban. It's why AJ McCarron'sdecision to return to Alabama for his senior season was one that didn't require much discussion when he laid it out to his family. "I run in burning buildings for a living," said Tony McCarron, a longtime firefighter in Mobile. "I've never played football, don't know anything about football so there's no way I'm going to give him advice on something I'm not educated in." Tony said AJ met with Saban about his future on multiple occasions before he announced his decision Wednesday.
AJ McCarron's father provides insight into his son's decision to return to Alabama in 2013-al.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Forty names, games, teams and minutiae making news in college football this bowl season (Garden State Bowl (1) tickets no longer sold separately – or sold, period): As The Dash has previously pointed out: it’s a bad bowl season. Too many lousy matchups, too many 6-6 teams, too many decent-to-good teams on postseason probation. (If we had Ohio State, Penn State, North Carolina and Miami, the trickle-down would kick out some of the riffraff. But we don’t. These are the wages of sin and scandal.) Still, if it’s a choice between battling for mall parking spaces to go Christmas shopping or watching football, The Dash is pretty sure which way a lot of you will choose. The New Mexico Bowl is there as a stress-free alternative to rummaging through overpriced lotions at Bath & Body Works. The Hawaii Bowl is there to give you something to watch while haphazardly wrapping that overpriced lotion. And besides, there are bowl pools to win (for entertainment purposes only, of course). So The Dash is here to break down all 35 games for you, the reading audience. Because The Dash cares.
Dashing through the college football bowl season-Yahoo! Sports Pat Forde

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
With college football's 2012 regular season in the books, it's time to take a look back at preseason predictions and which teams failed to meet expectations. USC was a popular pick to play for the national championship but unexpectedly finished with a 7-5 record. Virginia Tech, Texas and Arkansas were also three of the year's biggest disappointments, as the Razorbacks failed to make a bowl and the Hokies finished with a 6-6 record.

College Football's Top 10 Disappointments from 2012-Athlon Sports

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
The reality of having so many talented underclassmen in the SEC is that a large percentage of them won’t be around for their senior seasons. Missouri defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, Arkansas running back Knile Davis and South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore have already announced that they’re leaving early, while Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron announced Wednesday that he would return for his senior season. Here’s a team-by-team look at some of the other juniors in the SEC who are most likely to declare for the NFL draft:

SEC underclassmen eyeing the NFL-SEC BLOG ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
“It’s Alabama- it pretty much speaks for itself," Del Rio said. "They have a great winning tradition and aren’t going to change their pro-style system. I think it’s another great fit.” Del Rio, whose sister is currently a student at UA, said that if he decided to attend Alabama as a walk-on, it would be with the goal of eventually earning a scholarship. "I’d be a preferred walk on here and hopefully soon to earn a scholarship if I were to come here. That’s not something that I’m afraid to do. I’ve done some pretty radical things before, going to three different schools. I’m not exactly afraid to take a leap of faith. That wouldn’t be a reason why I wouldn’t come here.”
The more the merrier!

Quarterback Luke Del Rio considering walking on at Alabama-al.com

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.