Blog: Latest Bama News 12/13/12

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
"He can be one of the greatest," Williams said of Cooper. "I don't want to put that on his head but you see it. Before long, y'all would start saying that always. Y'all can see what he has. You see the talent. As long as he keeps his head straight, I think he'll be one of the greats." Williams was right. Cooper's talent was obvious at Tennessee. His speed and ability to get behind defenders was clear on his first touchdown grab. His ability to go up and get the football was evident on his 54-yard reception with a defensive back draped on his shoulders. He put it all together on his second touchdown of the game, a 42-yard reception that sealed the victory for Alabama. "He's had some big plays all year long," Saban said after the game. "He caught eight passes against Ole Miss. We think he's an outstanding player. He's just a freshman and he's gotten better and better every week. He's really learned to be very consistent. He plays fast and he plays hard."
Top 5 moments: Alabama go-to target emerges in Amari Cooper - ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
In 1974 Alabama had an opportunity to capture the prize that eluded them the season prior -- the consensus national championship. But, once again, the primary obstacle standing between The Crimson Tide and that lofty goal was the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

The Historical: Alabama vs Notre Dame - The 1975 Orange Bowl-Roll Bama Roll

Alabama's Paul W. Bryant and Notre Dame's Ara Parseghian ham it up in the pre-game press conference for the 1975 Orange Bowl in Miami

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
The do-it-all athlete from Fultondale kept a close eye on all that Alabama's Amari Cooper was able to accomplish this season. It ultimately made the position most appealing to Stewart, who played quarterback and defensive back for the Wildcats. "That's what makes me want to be a receiver because I know those guys are just coming in," Stewart said. "I believe I can have a chance coming in, too, even though they're going to still be there when I get there. I'm going to give them a little competition."
Fultondale's ArDarius Stewart hopes to make immediate impact as an Alabama wide receiver | al.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Biggest high-flyer: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama. Cooper became AJ McCarron's top weapon all season. He also became one of the best deep threats in the league during the second half of the season. He averaged 16.9 yards per catch, but showed real top-flight speed on more than a handful of plays this year, especially that 45-yard, game-winning touchdown catch in the SEC championship game. Barrett Jones describes him as a player who has gear that normal people don't have.
Handing out some SEC freshman awards - SEC Blog - ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
The do-it-all athlete from Fultondale kept a close eye on all that Alabama's Amari Cooper was able to accomplish this season. It ultimately made the position most appealing to Stewart, who played quarterback and defensive back for the Wildcats. "That's what makes me want to be a receiver because I know those guys are just coming in," Stewart said. "I believe I can have a chance coming in, too, even though they're going to still be there when I get there. I'm going to give them a little competition."
Fultondale's ArDarius Stewart hopes to make immediate impact as an Alabama wide receiver | al.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
If it hadn't been for C.J. Mosley's hand, Aaron Murray says there's no question in his mind the SEC championship game would have ended differently. Because if Mosley didn't tip Murray's pass intended for Malcolm Mitchell the end zone on the last play of Alabama's 32-28 win, Georgia's quarterback has no doubt what would have happened. "Oh, it's a touchdown," Murray said Wednesday, as quoted by ESPN and several other outlets. "It's a 50-50 ball, and the guy (Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner) is facing Malcolm and Malcolm's supposed to just go up and catch the ball. It's not like the guy's facing me where he could have made a play on it. He would have had to, when Malcolm had his hands on the ball, had to strip it out of his hands. So it would have been up to Malcolm to make the play."
Georgia's Aaron Murray still haunted by SEC championship game loss | al.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
More money for the power conferences will come from ESPN's separate contracts with the Rose, Sugar, and Orange Bowls. The Rose and Sugar will be passing out $40 million annually to each of their conference business partners, while the Orange will give at least $27.5 million to the ACC every year (Notre Dame won't get that much when it appears). That math comes out to a $91.75 million guarantee to the SEC each year, and it will go up to $119.25 million in seasons when it puts a team into the Orange Bowl. By contract, the league will have at least three and up to five appearances there. The conference will get even more money from teams participating in the playoff games, and individual schools will receive some of the pot for staying above an Academic Progress Rate threshold. So there you go. That's how the rich are going to continue to get richer beginning with the 2014 football season.
Details of New Postseason Money Distribution Emerge - Team Speed Kills

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Alabama Crimson Tide football fans know that some things about our beloved obsession are too amazing to be described by mere words. The images of past glories inform our sense of self and our sense of place within the community of Alabama football fanatics.This video sums up not only the championship history of the Tide, but the amazing 2012 season that has Alabama in the BCS National Championship game in pursuit of its 15th national title, as well as back-to-back championships for the first time since 1979. Turn up the sound, sit back and get ready to relive Crimson history.

Alabama Football: Here Comes Number 15-bamahammer.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
“He knows the SEC, having coached at Tennessee, and is familiar with what it takes to be successful in this conference. He is an upbeat and positive person who has proven at every stop he is an elite coach in our profession…Jim Chaney’s approach will blend well with my ideas as we work to put together a plan for the team we have and over time develop our specific philosophy.”

EX-UT OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR CHANEY LANDS AT ARKANSAS, NOT MISSOURI-MRSEC

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.