Dameyune Craig Leaves FSU, Accepts Job at Auburn

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Auburn attempting to hire dameyune Craig from Fsu.

He would do what Trooper did and wouldn't have the reputation since he hasn't been doing it as long as Trooper.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

He would do what Trooper did and wouldn't have the reputation since he hasn't been doing it as long as Trooper.
Never heard that Craig cheats, just that he is a Mozart in the art of negative recruiting. Y'all heard differently?

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Never heard that Craig cheats, just that he is a Mozart in the art of negative recruiting. Y'all heard differently?
And right now, there isn't much leverage against UA for negative recruiting, except perhaps playing time/competition. I have a hard time imagining that Craig would leave unless it was a significant promotion and pay raise. I could envision it hurting us a little with a few recruits, particularly in FL, but not a major impact vs. Trooper and his tactics.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sometimes the negative recruiting is just as effective as cheating.
And right now, there isn't much leverage against UA for negative recruiting, except perhaps playing time/competition. I have a hard time imagining that Craig would leave unless it was a significant promotion and pay raise. I could envision it hurting us a little with a few recruits, particularly in FL, but not a major impact vs. Trooper and his tactics.
He found a way to negatively recruit Jaboo Winston away from Alabama. I'll just leave it at that.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

He found a way to negatively recruit Jaboo Winston away from Alabama. I'll just leave it at that.
My impression from following his recruitment on here was that it had more to do with the SEC rules regarding playing professional baseball while also playing collegiate football than strictly where to play football. Was that incorrect?

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Actually Craig has already got some FSU fans unhappy. It appears he will get the AU job and was already expecting to. He talked to M White yesterday about it. Not sure you can recruit a player for one school while you are on the staff of another.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Actually Craig has already got some FSU fans unhappy. It appears he will get the AU job and was already expecting to. He talked to M White yesterday about it. Not sure you can recruit a player for one school while you are on the staff of another.

If he did, that would tell you all you need to know about his character........and hints at the characters of the kids that he successfully recruits.:cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

My impression from following his recruitment on here was that it had more to do with the SEC rules regarding playing professional baseball while also playing collegiate football than strictly where to play football. Was that incorrect?
Yes, that played a role in Jaboo's decision. There were other things as well.

iheartbama13

Aug 26, 2010

I know he is no longer allowed to recruit at Faith Academy in Mobile because of Chris Casher.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Just to update the file, per numerous reports, Craig interviewed at Auburn but ultimately turned down the job and will return to Florida State as the quarterbacks coach.

As for Craig in general, he's basically a Trooper Taylor-type assistant, he's on the payroll for his recruiting abilities, however that comes about, and nothing more. Much like Trooper, it's no accident that he's still a position coach. Again, when it comes time for the adults to craft a game plan, you send guys like that out to call the recruits.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

some barners are calling him a traitor and others are very disappointed becuase they "think" his recruitment prowress is badly needed under the new regime. :)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Thread title updated with the news that came down last night. Apparently going to be receivers coach at Auburn as all of the FSU defection continues.

Craig isn't much of a coach, but he's a great recruiter, and this hire will certainly produce dividends for AU on the recruiting trails. It will be interesting to see how this impacts the final few weeks of the 2013 class.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Well, the money will really be flowing down there now that Milton McGregor is back in business........they just needed "top-notch recruiters" to hand it all out.:cool2:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Well, the money will really be flowing down there now that Milton McGregor is back in business........they just needed "top-notch recruiters" to hand it all out.:cool2:
First Garner, now Craig. Should be a formidable pair. Let`s see if they hold on to Liner and Lawson, get Foster back and get Adams. If they do, that`ll put folks on notice IMHO.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

First Garner, now Craig. Should be a formidable pair. Let`s see if they hold on to Liner and Lawson, get Foster back and get Adams. If they do, that`ll put folks on notice IMHO.
They are definitely following the Lame Kitten structure of hiring the best recruiters regardless of their coaching abilities. Of course, Lame got UT in trouble with the NCAA. And if the NCAA continues to hang around the barn, I bet that these coaches will eventually do the same. I wonder if Trooper will pass his towel down to Craig. Maybe the backwards hat too.
I have to say that I hoped Mahlzahn would have hired a reputable staff. Guess I was wrong.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
"FSU doesn't play black quarterbacks Jameis, transfer with me to auburn." - dummyune Craig. Lmao

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.