Vols lowering prices!

Bamatim15

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
Kingsport TN
On the front sports page here in my hometown there's an article were Tn is lowering their season ticket prices. Once you get to reading it you learn that there in the upper deck. I was told by a friend of mine who is a big alumni that they offered Strong 4.1 (making him I believe the 3rd highest paid coach in the SEC) to come which as we know turned them down. So how is it you offer that kind of money and now you lowering ticket prices? Yeah they have some big boosters but according to my friend they're upset and not shelling it out. Oh well, as the rocky flops. :biggrin:

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
They're also offering some season tickets in the nosebleed section WITHOUT requiring a donation to obtain them. They are really hurting. If the new HC (what's his name?) doesn't start to turn things around, then they may have to rip the upper deck off Neyland Stadium and sell the steel. And Haslam spent his billions on the Cleveland Browns and is pouring his money in there. Tut tut.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It makes sense. Ticket prices and the economy were discussed as reasons for low attendance throughout college football in 2012. By lowering the ticket prices, UT allows more fans to attend, which then generates more revenue throughout the city of Knoxville and the university.

Bamatim15

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
Kingsport TN
Maybe the lower prices are for half games. Because where I was setting they were leaving early in the 3rd quarter. Wasn't sure if they had only paid for 2 quarters or whether they were practicing a fire drill. :wink:

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I forgot to post this topic last week :) I have purchased tickets to the Bama/UT game from the Vols athletic office the last three times we played up there so I get emails from them. They sent me an email last week stating that they have season tickets available for $300.00 and you are not required to make a donation. Wonder if all those long time ticket holders they cut years ago will come back?

With this schedule, tickets should be $300.00

Austin Peay-Knoxville

Western Kentucky :) -Knoxville
Wonder if Petrino will beat them :)

Oregon-Eugene, OR

Florida-Gainesville, FL

South Alabama-Knoxville

Georgia-Knoxville

South Carolina-Knoxville

Alabama-Tuscaloosa

Mizzou-Columbia, MO

Auburn-Knoxville

Vandy-Knoxville

Kentucky-Lexington

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.