Where do you think Barrett Jones played his best?

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
In his years here where did you find him to be at his best? Also, where do you think he settles in she nfl?

We sure are going to miss him in the years to come. Amazing to be able to watch an all time Alabama player.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think he was best at RG and that is his ideal NFL position. He could be a serviceable NFL center though.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
He played real well at all the positions, but I think Guard will be where he ends up at the next level. I think that is the most natural fit for him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It depends on how good the center is on the team that drafts him. ;) Even if he ends up at OG, I'll guarantee you that he'll be double-trained to take over at center in case of injury...

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
normally,OG paid better, or C paid better? I assume the highest paid would be the OTs?
It depends on how good the center is on the team that drafts him. ;) Even if he ends up at OG, I'll guarantee you that he'll be double-trained to take over at center in case of injury...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'll just say that NFL teams are going to love him and want him badly because he's proven he can basically play anywhere.
That's a huge positive in a league with roster limitations.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I think his value is his versatility. He is not an ideal Tackle, but serviceable in the event of injury to a starter. My guess is that a team with one great and one decent guard or a team with a decent center takes him in to be the starter and then rotates him into one of the other positions if there's an injury. If he's available early in the 2nd round, unless I'm an owner with an all-world O-Line, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Also, if I have a great LT or RT and same-side guard or center, I'd take him late first round if Warmack is off the board (or if my need is center).

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I mean, he was a Freshman All-American at RG, an Outland winner and first-team All-American at LT, and a Rimington Trophy winner and first-team All-American at C.

The resume says that he can play all of the OL positions at the highest level in college. I lean towards G or C being his ideal professional position because I don't know if he's the athletic freak that most NFL tackles seem to be.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.