Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: BCS,playoff. No matter what we still win NC.

Y'all sure it's a Bayou Troll? The grammar was a bit too good. I'm thinking Irish Troll
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team CaptainTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

So, um... Why is it most people here are so opposed to the idea of an 8-16 team playoff? A 3-loss champion is unacceptable? Why? They earned their way there.

I'll just leave a simple question. Do you ever dispute the champion in the NFL? I don't. The only way to determine a true "best team in the nation" is to make them earn it against other teams who are on their level, in the post-season.

Of course, I don't mind the way the BCS does it now, either. Usually I agree that the champion at the end of it all is truly the best team, but sometimes it's just hard to tell. The only way to know for sure is to, as I said, make them really earn it.

I'm trying to be unbiased. If Bama lost during the playoffs I would accept that we weren't the best, obviously.
    Last edited by CaptainTide; December 14th, 2012 at 06:11 AM.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Corn dogs, pickle - hmmmm common theme here?

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainTide View Post
    So, um... Why is it most people here are so opposed to the idea of an 8-16 team playoff? A 3-loss champion is unacceptable? Why? They earned their way there.

I'll just leave a simple question. Do you ever dispute the champion in the NFL? I don't. The only way to determine a true "best team in the nation" is to make them earn it against other teams who are on their level, in the post-season.

Of course, I don't mind the way the BCS does it now, either. Usually I agree that the champion at the end of it all is truly the best team, but sometimes it's just hard to tell. The only way to know for sure is to, as I said, make them really earn it.
    How have you earned it with three losses? Just because your team has a 4 game win streak? What about all the teams that had that win streak or more during the season? Basically you are saying one win streak meant nothing because it happened during the season which means the season would mean nothing. As it is now the games mean something DURING the season. The players and fans feel the emotion they laugh cry and don't sleep after or before games. These players aren't getting paid for it and no one has any right to add more games that increases their injury risk just to appease some misplaced conception that we don't have a true winner. Right now the season is the playoffs.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    How have you earned it with three losses? Just because your team has a 4 game win streak? What about all the teams that had that win streak or more during the season? Basically you are saying one win streak meant nothing because it happened during the season which means the season would mean nothing. As it is now the games mean something DURING the season. The players and fans feel the emotion they laugh cry and don't sleep after or before games. These players aren't getting paid for it and no one has any right to add more games that increases their injury risk just to appease some misplaced conception that we don't have a true winner. Right now the season is the playoffs.
    Exactly! IMHO the regular season in CFB is the greatest thing in sports. It is about to be screwed up BIG time. Look at NASCAR. They had a great product going. They have just about put themselves out of business with an idiotic attempt to have a playoff.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Y'all sure it's a Bayou Troll? The grammar was a bit too good. I'm thinking Irish Troll
    First two posts had direct and indirect comments pertaining to LSU.