BCS,playoff. No matter what we still win NC.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
as long as we dont play a&m, and as long as we still get lucky against lsu, we should be alright
Who's we? You got a mouse in your pocket? Or do you mean you folks down in Red Stick?

Op wasn't predicting the BCSNC, he was commenting on a yahoo story that forecast Alabama to win a theoretical tournament.

Last edited:

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
as long as we dont play a&m, and as long as we still get lucky against lsu, we should be alright
Gus are you already trolling? Shouldn't you be working on some new trick play or something?

exactly, it would be like getting a shot at the mnc without winning the division
I still feel bad about that beat down we put on lsu. I think you do as well. Must have been heartbreaking for a school's greatest team in history to get destroyed like that.

I watched it (BCSCG) again on ESPN the other night and it was sad hearing the lsu fans booing their coach and players like that. I'm uber-confident they have yet to get over it and most likely never will.

Last edited:

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
So, um... Why is it most people here are so opposed to the idea of an 8-16 team playoff? A 3-loss champion is unacceptable? Why? They earned their way there.

I'll just leave a simple question. Do you ever dispute the champion in the NFL? I don't. The only way to determine a true "best team in the nation" is to make them earn it against other teams who are on their level, in the post-season.

Of course, I don't mind the way the BCS does it now, either. Usually I agree that the champion at the end of it all is truly the best team, but sometimes it's just hard to tell. The only way to know for sure is to, as I said, make them really earn it.

I'm trying to be unbiased. If Bama lost during the playoffs I would accept that we weren't the best, obviously.

Last edited:

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
So, um... Why is it most people here are so opposed to the idea of an 8-16 team playoff? A 3-loss champion is unacceptable? Why? They earned their way there.

I'll just leave a simple question. Do you ever dispute the champion in the NFL? I don't. The only way to determine a true "best team in the nation" is to make them earn it against other teams who are on their level, in the post-season.

Of course, I don't mind the way the BCS does it now, either. Usually I agree that the champion at the end of it all is truly the best team, but sometimes it's just hard to tell. The only way to know for sure is to, as I said, make them really earn it.
How have you earned it with three losses? Just because your team has a 4 game win streak? What about all the teams that had that win streak or more during the season? Basically you are saying one win streak meant nothing because it happened during the season which means the season would mean nothing. As it is now the games mean something DURING the season. The players and fans feel the emotion they laugh cry and don't sleep after or before games. These players aren't getting paid for it and no one has any right to add more games that increases their injury risk just to appease some misplaced conception that we don't have a true winner. Right now the season is the playoffs.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
How have you earned it with three losses? Just because your team has a 4 game win streak? What about all the teams that had that win streak or more during the season? Basically you are saying one win streak meant nothing because it happened during the season which means the season would mean nothing. As it is now the games mean something DURING the season. The players and fans feel the emotion they laugh cry and don't sleep after or before games. These players aren't getting paid for it and no one has any right to add more games that increases their injury risk just to appease some misplaced conception that we don't have a true winner. Right now the season is the playoffs.
Exactly! IMHO the regular season in CFB is the greatest thing in sports. It is about to be screwed up BIG time. Look at NASCAR. They had a great product going. They have just about put themselves out of business with an idiotic attempt to have a playoff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.