Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Recipes

Re: Scarbinsky reporting that the SEC is not going to suspend Dial..

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    Looks like they made the correct decision.

When they mentioned both teams, was UGA's hit on A. J. or the finger/s in Millner's eyes under consideration?
    My best guess would be both...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    If I told you my IQ you wouldn't believe me. Memory? I've been fluent in more than one language for many years, and read a number, but I did manage to learn conversational Norwegian at 68. (I'm 73 now, or will be Sunday...) With the first concussion, I didn't regain full consciousness until the next day. The other three were milder, with my only being dazed (and with enormous headaches)...
    Haha. I wouldn't doubt it. Even with severe concussions like that, people often regain full function. And I would bet that those headaches were at their peak soon after the concussions and gradually resolved. The problem is that with subsequent concussions there's increased risk that the residual symptoms will linger longer, and possibly never remit. When you're looking at football, probably most NFL players have probably sustained some degree of brain injury, whether they realize it or not. Even briefly seeing an aura or being "dazed" for a few seconds often means you've technically had a concussion.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Has Aaron Murray himself even complained at all? I don't recall seeing anything, and many times that's the most telling point.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    Haha. I wouldn't doubt it. Even with severe concussions like that, people often regain full function. And I would bet that those headaches were at their peak soon after the concussions and gradually resolved. The problem is that with subsequent concussions there's increased risk that the residual symptoms will linger longer, and possibly never remit. When you're looking at football, probably most NFL players have probably sustained some degree of brain injury, whether they realize it or not. Even briefly seeing an aura or being "dazed" for a few seconds often means you've technically had a concussion.
    My other concussions were snow skiing and were separated by years. I knew the symptoms well enough that I knew I was concussed. Interestingly, the one that happened in Switzerland, my wife was skiing with a different group until lunch. She took one look at me and said "What's wrong with you?" I said "Do you have any Advil?"
    Last edited by TIDE-HSV; December 14th, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com
    If I told you my IQ you wouldn't believe me. Memory? I've been fluent in more than one language for many years, and read a number, but I did manage to learn conversational Norwegian at 68. (I'm 73 now, or will be Sunday). With the first concussion, I didn't regain full consciousness until the next day. The other three were milder, with my only being dazed (and with enormous headaches)...
    I would suggest doing what the wifie says from now on

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

I've actually had several concussions, the worst when I was 15. I don't think I have any issues, but how would I know?
    I'm thinking your first sign of symptoms might be when you said "Sure! I'd be glad to be a moderator of Tidefans. It'll be fun!"
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I am sure that every Linebacker that has been cracked back on in the SEC is asking Steve Shaw about penalties on players delivering a block to a defenseless player! Or every running back or wide receiver catching a ball out in the flat to only turn up field and having a knee taken out by a DB going low!

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I think the biggest problem is people realizing that "helment to helment contact" is not the same as "targeting" the head or "leading with the helment". There is "helment to helment" contact on 70-80% of tackles.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

I've said throughout our discussions that I felt it was a helmet to helmet but that I didn't feel it was intentional on Dial's part and that I didn't think he should be suspended.

I'm glad the league ruled as they did and will say that if the league ruled it was within legal boundaries then that's the way it is.

Steve Shaw is someone who I've respected and trust his judgement..

Glad Preston get's to represent the Tide on January 8th!

sip

Quote Originally Posted by exiledNms View Post
    I'm thinking your first sign of symptoms might be when you said "Sure! I'd be glad to be a moderator of Tidefans. It'll be fun!"
    Yep. That became a slippery slope. Look where I am now...

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I've said throughout our discussions that I felt it was a helmet to helmet but that I didn't feel it was intentional on Dial's part and that I didn't think he should be suspended.

I'm glad the league ruled as they did and will say that if the league ruled it was within legal boundaries then that's the way it is.

Steve Shaw is someone who I've respected and trust his judgement..

Glad Preston get's to represent the Tide on January 8th!

sip
    Preston Dial done graduated.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My other concussions were snow skiing and were separated by years. I knew the symptoms well enough that I knew I was concussed. Interestingly, the one that happened in Switzerland, my wife was skiing with a different group until lunch. She took one look at me and said "What's wrong with you?" I said "Do you have any Advil?"
    Hubby hit the ground really hard yesterday (he said he didn't remember seeing the ground, but thought he landed on his head it hurt so bad). IDK if he was trying to be hard or what, but he had a pretty good migraine last night, and tonight he just took some Motrin/Tylenol combo. I don't think going to a Military dr. will do much for him (I don't always have a good opinion ). I'll prob. make him go anyway if his headaches don't go away by tomorrow (ER's are the suxors but I'll at least be more comfortable. I don't like waiting w/ head injuries, but he is a typical Male it would seem.

BamaNation Second Team

Most of the concussion and head injuries I've dealt with this year happen to the kid while they were not even playing their sport.
    "Sure I'd like to beat Notre Dame, don't get me wrong. But nothing matters more than beating that cow college on the other side of the state."

-Coach Paul William "Bear" Bryant