Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Recipes

Re: Scarbinsky reporting that the SEC is not going to suspend Dial..

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    He was on just now and he was very direct saying it was a penalty, it was "unfortunate", and that it was missed.
    That's that, then...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    He was on just now and he was very direct saying it was a penalty, it was "unfortunate", and that it was missed.
    Other than asserting it was a penalty, has he ever explained why it is a penalty? Dial could hit him because he was a defender, but he should have hit him less hard?

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    Other than asserting it was a penalty, has he ever explained why it is a penalty? Dial could hit him because he was a defender, but he should have hit him less hard?
    I think they believe a flag should have been thrown because Dial is just a big meanie for decleating a smaller player who wasn't paying attention to the fact that he was on a football field. As CNS says, "It is what is" now onward to Miami

My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    That's that, then...
    Perfect!
    "nuff said!
    ....."The price of victory is high but so are the rewards"....
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Hehehe. Enjoying the whining on AJC because of this.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I bet you will see the Dial rule for next season that you cannot whack the QB on an INT return.
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Scarbinsky reporting that the SEC is not going to suspend Dial..

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I bet you will see the Dial rule for next season that you cannot whack the QB on an INT return.
    Or at least the NFL rule where you cannot blindside any player on any return play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we're going to wish for NFL rules, can I have the one which places the ball on the two for EZ PI? Made me mad as hell to see that DB grinning from ear to ear for tackling Norwood in the EZ. He wouldn't have been grinning, if the ball had ended up on the goal line...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Scarbinsky reporting that the SEC is not going to suspend Dial..

If we're going to wish for NFL rules, can I have the one which places the ball on the two for EZ PI? Made me mad as hell to see that DB grinning from ear to ear for tackling Norwood in the EZ. He wouldn't have been grinning, if the ball had ended up on the goal line...
    I never understood in the era of "offense is king" why we haven't gone back to the old interference rules completely. I never really understood the concept of rewarding a DB for getting burned 40 yards downfield by only penalizing them 15 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In theory, that sounds like a good idea. But, just wait until there is a bogus pass interference flag that results in a 50 yard step off. At least when they screw up and call it now, it's only a 15 yarder and a first down. That is still a big deal, but a missed call when the NFL rule is in place is monumental.
    "I was out there on the practice field wondering whether football had passed me by. Then I heard the Million Dollar Band playing over on the practice field. When they started playing Yea Alabama, I got goosebumps all over me. I looked out there and those young rascals in those crimson jerseys and I just wanted to thank God for giving me the opportunity to coach and contribute in some small way at my alma mater."-Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I'd be fine with that, if the QB is not allowed to tackle the ball carrier.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: No link: But Scarbinsky is reporting that the SEC is not going to suspend Dial..

That is great news. If the refs didn't bother to throw a flag in the SECG, than why even entertain the idea if suspending him for the BCSNCG??? It's just stupid.

BamaNation First Team BamaFanInTally's Avatar

Re: No link: But Scarbinsky is reporting that the SEC is not going to suspend Dial..

In another 5-10 years we will have all FB players wearing tutus and playing flag football.