Scarbinsky reporting that the SEC is not going to suspend Dial..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Obviously, it is a big deal. ESPN runs it through their crawler every couple of minutes. Why keep bringing this up? It's not like QD hit Aaron Murray in the parking lot after the game. It was no different than any other football play. will ND suspend the players accused of rape?
They seem to forget Murray was on DEFENSE at that time. It's called transition.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Murray was wearing pads, a helmet, wasn't paying attention, and plays this game called FOOTBALL, maybe ya'll have heard of it.... lol

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
The timing of this ESPN "breaking news" seems really strange as this has been resolved for almost a month. It's almost lilke their trying to put pressure on Alabama to sit him for at least a quarter.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
***BREAKING NEWS***

The University of Alabama has won the 1992 National Championship after beating the #1 Miami Hurricanes in the Sugar Bowl. Heisman Trophy winner Geno Torreta could be seen visibly sobbing on the sidelines. More news to come as it comes to us...back to you guys!

:biggrin2:

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Criminy! I saw the scroll across the bottom of the screen on ESPN; and since my eyesight isn't the best, I missed the word "not" in the message. I came here to vent my spleen about Dial being suspended for no reason other than to satisfy the media crowd.

I'm glad Alabama didn't cave to ESPN analysts who choose to ignore the fact that Murray was at that point a defensive player and moving toward the Alabama ball carrier.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
ESPN and all of the other media outlets should just shut up. It's their fault that these types of hits happen.

Aaron Murray and other QBs rarely get their uniforms dirty, yet they're flashed all over the TV constantly. Quinton Dial and other defensive linemen get beat up all game long by offensive linemen that typically outweigh them by 20 to 40 lbs, get cheap shots in pileups, get chop-blocked, get cut-blocked, get stepped on, and suffer countless other painful indignities. They rarely get any press. They will never seriously be considered for the Heisman. They typically see the skill players get MVP honors and interviews while they trudge off the field with little fanfare.

Now, they're seeing the up-tempo offenses which are designed to prevent substitutions and this probably affects them more than anyone else. They get worn down by this tempo, making them more susceptible to cramping and serious injury. The media couldn't care less about these players and loves the up-tempo offense because it produces more excitement for the fans and more scoring. These "benefits" of the up-tempo offense happen because of the destructive effect upon the defensive linemen.

If I were a defensive lineman, I'd want to knock the stuffing out of a QB too. I'd probably also hunt down one of the media people on the sideline and "accidentally" smash into them at full speed. That's probably the only way for a defensive lineman to get any press.

...and everyone in the media knows that any press is better than no press. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.