Scarbinsky reporting that the SEC is not going to suspend Dial..

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bseen

3rd Team
Nov 8, 2007
lake guntersville
Re: No link: But Scarbinsky is reporting that the SEC is not going to suspend Dial..

I have seen it posted in several places, looks like he is good to go.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Thank you, officials, for reviewing the play in the context of the rules instead of the context of uninformed partisan outrage.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Re: No link: But Scarbinsky is reporting that the SEC is not going to suspend Dial..

From Steve Shaw: "This was an interception return ... If (Murray) moved to participate in the play, he's a defender."
It's amazing that he is just now realizing this. On the monday after the game, he came out saying that it was "missed call" since Murray was a defenseless player.

Seems like he would want to get his story straight before going off half cocked and throwing fuel on the fire. Have to wonder if he made his original knee-jerk comment just to placate Brando & Barnhart - kind of like when Leslie Nielson was an umpire in Naked Gun.

Last edited:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
It's not an argument about whether it should have been a penalty. The SEC has said it should have been. However, it's not a suspension-worthy event as he became a defender. If Dial had been an O-lineman downfield on a screen play, they could have thrown a flag there too, but there wouldn't have been a hullaballoo about a suspension. The fact that he was 10 yards away doesn't matter... he moved towards the ball carrier and therefore was a potential threat and could reasonably be blocked. However, the helmet to helmet hit could technically have been called a penalty - just not a suspension because he wasn't a defenseless player... just a clueless one.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
He should not be suspended. If you can't block the QB on an interception return then the QB should not be allowed to make the tackle.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
He should not be suspended. If you can't block the QB on an interception return then the QB should not be allowed to make the tackle.
Amen!

I know it's tough finding material to write about this week, but I pray someday Scarbinsky will decide to analyze some facet of an upcoming football game that requires two brain cells.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Gee, I love the notion that this is entirely because we need Dial to win the national championship. If it was McCarron that might be a valid accusation.

Everyone prepare yourselves - when we win now THIS will be the excuse added to the list of Colt McCoy and "shouldn't have even been in the game."

Unless, of course, Teo gets hurt on the first series.

(I have yet to see an article from a non-Alabama source pointing out we lost our best receiver on the second punt return of the LSU game last year - on a play where the injury might have cost us a touchdown).

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Hopefully Tim Brando will have a meltdown concerning this decision.

The ONLY lesson that should be learned from this issue is for the QB to not act as a defender. When you do, bad things can and will happen to you. There is a reason you are a QB and not a LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.