Who Drafts Whom? Best Fits - 'Bama to the NFL

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
Barrett Jones, Dee Milner, Chance Warmack - and others......

Where do you think these guys will go in the Pros?

Based on the strengths of our players and the needs of the Pro teams, who do you think will draft these players.

I personally would like to see Barrett Jones drafted by the Dallas Cowboys - we need a center and a couple of guards. He can play both positions - although I think he might be a better fit at guard in the Pros. And, we should be drafting in the middle of the first round which is where I expect him to be drafted.

Thought this might be an interesting discussion today.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Re: Who Drafts Who? Best Fits - 'Bama to the NFL

Barrett Jones, Dee Milner, Chance Warmack - and others......

Where do you think these guys will go in the Pros?

Based on the strengths of our players and the needs of the Pro teams, who do you think will draft these players.

I personally would like to see Barrett Jones drafted by the Dallas Cowboys - we need a center and a couple of guards. He can play both positions - although I think he might be a better fit at guard in the Pros. And, we should be drafting in the middle of the first round which is where I expect him to be drafted.

Thought this might be an interesting discussion today.
As a lifelong Redskins fan, I sure hope not! I was thinking I'd love to have DJ, Chance, or Jones on the 'Skins squad. Moseley would be a good fit too. However, I'm biased and don't follow the NFL to really have a good sense of who should be where. I would not be disappointed to see one of OL's go to Cleveland to help out TR.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005

my falcons need to draft some more Bama players. 2 former Bama players just aren't enough.
I would love the Falcons to draft Lacy. They are in desparate need of an upgrade at running back and Lacy fits the mold that brought them success with Michael Turner before he got too long in the tooth.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I would love the Falcons to draft Lacy. They are in desparate need of an upgrade at running back and Lacy fits the mold that brought them success with Michael Turner before he got too long in the tooth.
that was who i was thinking.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I love Lacy, he is a fantastic player when healthy. That said he hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy and that worries me as a falcons fan

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I would like to see the Texans draft him and Fluker (if he leaves early). I would also like to see them get Millner and Lacey.

riggstidefan7

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 10, 2011
Guin, AL

Since nobody has mentioned Jesse Williams, being a Baltimore fan I hope the Ravens take him, though I doubt it. If not they could certainly use Milliner.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Since nobody has mentioned Jesse Williams, being a Baltimore fan I hope the Ravens take him, though I doubt it. If not they could certainly use Milliner.
Jesse could be a major steal if he slips in the draft, although I'm not sure he'd project as an every-down DL. Anybody know more on how he's being viewed by NFL scouts?

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

need a bama guy on the Steelers. won super bowls with fernando bryant, deshea townsend, and anthony madison...would make do with ramzee robinson at the point :)

was disappointed they didn't take Hightower last year as Barry Foote is simply too old to be effective but they went and drafted a stanford guard who's yet to play a down due to injury. then wanted them to take chapman as future replacement for hampton but they went with a U Wash noseguard (Ta'amu) that just went nuts leading cops on a drunken chase through south side.

with significant o-line issues i'd love to see any of CyKo, Jones, DJ, Barrett, or Warmack in the next 2 drafts...

can always use secondary help too but Dee will be long gone by the time the Steelers draft.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Barrett and New England were made for each other.

The Saints are in total desperation for a right offensive tackle. They are currently starting a guy who they got off the Falcons practice roster.
In the three games he's started Drew Brees has thrown nine interceptions. Don't be surprised if they go for Fluker although he's still somewhat of a project from an NFL technique standpoint.

If Eddie goes I don't think he'll go first round because few running backs do anymore. I could see him going pretty much anywhere.

Dee will go pretty early and unfortunately that normally transcribes into a team like Jacksonville or Buffalo etc.

Jesse will go to a 3-4 team.

Who knows?? I just hope they all do well...

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012

I could see Eddie going to Jachsonville or Miami.

I could see D Mil going out west to the Raiders or Chargers or the Saints closer to home.

Chance and DJ I could see the Bears and Eagles needing their services.

B Jones the Saints or Jets.

I could see D Square or Dial going to the Titians.

Jesse to the Pack.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida

I would love to see Miami get Barrett Jones or Eddie Lacy. Miami had a chance the past 2 years to get a Bama player but passed while the Jets, Patriots and Bills have all picked up Alabama players. Hopefully the Dolphins get one this year, but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
This is tough... There are currently only two Alabama players projected to go in the first round. Milliner and Warmack will both go top 10. I would like to see Chance end up in Cleveland to block for Trent. Milliner can be used by several teams. I could see Fluker possibly stepping into the later first round, possibly to Chicago. Jesse will be a sure fire second rounder, and a steal for someone like KC (who I think will trade away from no. 1 for a package of picks). Barrett, despite his storied collegiate career, will be at best a late second rounder. No knock on him, he just doesn't grade out as high as other linemen. I would like to see him end up in New England. I think he is a great fit there. Eddie Lacey is the biggest question mark. Running back is weak in this draft, and just a weak position overall most of the time now. I will assume EL falls to the third round. Then a myriad of teams would be looking for a solid second back for their system (Detroit, Atlanta, Tennessee, Jacksonville...I mean, endless possibilities it seems).

As for CJ, and this is a topic for another thread also, he would be one of the top 5 OLB in the draft, but the need would push him to the mid second round I would assume. IF, and that's a big IF, he goes then I would like to see him end of in Baltimore or Minnesota (my team).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.