Horrible Tragedy in Connecticut

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/14/police-respond-to-report-of-school-shooting-in-conn/

NEWTOWN, Conn. (CBSNewYork) – Twenty-seven people are dead, including at least 18 children, after a gunman opened fire at an elementary school in Newtown, CBS News reported.

Officials say the gunman, who apparently had two guns, was also killed. It happened around 9:40 a.m. Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
This is bad -- and very sad.....

Hug your kids a little tighter tonight --

My "paranoid" radar is going off like mad -- and I hate to think conspiracy -- and I just hope this is one crazy nut

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
'Ties to the school'.....curious.

Now they're saying they found a body in the shooter's home; possibly his mother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
My little girl is eight years old and I am very tempted to pull her out of school today. It would serve no purpose, but even though it's thousand of miles across the country, it feels close to home. Especially, after we had a mall shooting here a few days ago.

There are crazy people in this world. If they don't/can't get help, they should do the world a favor and shoot themselves first and not a bunch of innocent people, children in this case.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Appears that most victims were from one kindergarten class:frown: Suspect was 24, mother was a teacher at school, father is dead also.

Edit - now saying that mother is dead at the school but father is not.

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
So very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved. Just cannot see what drives someone to do something like this.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Just curious, what "conspiracy" do you think may have occurred here?

Thanks
I worry that there is a bigger movement underfoot to get rid of the 2nd amendment. And, I wouldn't put it past some, that there would be "casualties" in the war against us. With every fiber of my being -- I hope I am so wrong -- but, there is something in my gut that just says ---- there is something bigger going on that we don't see.

I sure hope i"m wrong.....

As a father of four -- I can't imagine how you move on -- I am hurting so much for all of them.....

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I can at least kind of understand when someone loses it and kills someone close to them - not that I think it is okay, but I can at least wrap my head around someone feeling trapped and oppressed in a situation and in a moment of rage losing control... I cannot with any shred of my mind understand how someone gets to this point that they decide to go to a school and shoot up kids.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Appears that most victims were from one kindergarten class:frown: Suspect was 24, mother was a teacher at school, father is dead also.

Edit - now saying that mother is dead at the school but father is not.
the media was reporting earlier that the a "parent" was dead in New Jersey in the gunmans home. Sounds to me like he killed dad, went to kill mom and killed a bunch more innocents that happened to be there.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I worry that there is a bigger movement underfoot to get rid of the 2nd amendment. And, I wouldn't put it past some, that there would be "casualties" in the war against us. With every fiber of my being -- I hope I am so wrong -- but, there is something in my gut that just says ---- there is something bigger going on that we don't see.
Just stop. Please.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.