Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC p'colabamaman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jaworski calls Saban a liar

He says Saban has no integrity. Then he says you can't be successful without integrity. Then he says Saban will probable win another NC. And that's to go with the three he already has. Ain't that being about as successful as you can get in college football? So IMO, Saban seems to be full of integrity, and Jaws is talking out of both sides of his mouth, as almost all media people do.
    Let those who don't want none have memories of not getting any. Let that not be their punishment, but their reward. Brother Dave Gardner

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Jabo is disingenuous. Like many, he uses this mistake on Saban's part as a convenient replacement for the real reasons.....which are probably wussified. Like he doesn't approve of his recruiting, or he dislikes the SEC, but I guarantee you his hatred is not because of those ancient press conferences.

What are the real reason Jawaorski, you jealous, or did he beat up your favorite college team? Whatever it is, you're lying.

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Volatile on TideFans.com

It's funny that Ron Jaworski would care about integrity since the only reason that he is as successful as he is today is because he was sent from the Rams to the Eagles in 1977 by an illegal trade.

During the 1976 season, Jaworski had been demoted to third string in L.A. and his contract ended after the season. The Rams weren't offering him the exquisite pay that he apparently thought that a third string QB who hadn't been performing at the level that the club expected deserved, so he was shopping around. Dick Vermeil in Philadelphia had a tight end (also no longer under contract) that wasn't happy with what the Eagles were offering, he was looking for a QB, and offered Jaworski an opportunity to start. So, the Rams and the Eagles swapped negotiating rights for the players, which was technically illegal under NFL bylaws since the players were no longer under contract.

Jaworski negotiated his contract with the Eagles and went on to great success... because of an illegal act. I don't know if Jaworski knew that the trade of negotiating rights were illegal, but that doesn't change the fact that he profited from basically cheating (so much for integrity, Mr. Jaworski). I don't know if Nick Saban was knowingly lying when he said that he wasn't going to be the coach at Alabama. Anytime that one says that they are not going to do something that is within the realm of possibility, they are possibly making an untrue statement. If Ron Jaworski had said at the beginning of the 1976 season that he wasn't going to be the quarterback at Philadelphia, he would have been making an untrue statement. I guess that would have made him a liar, and he doesn't like liars.

I find it hard to believe that he doesn't understand how people without integrity can be successful. Has he never met a successful politician? If he's in Miami a lot, then he's certainly met successful people that have no integrity. Miami is the natural gathering spot for the self-absorbed, hedonistic, and indifferent. They seemed so hurt because Nick Saban told them one thing and then did another. They were just hurt because he left them for Alabama, which they basically consider to be a third-world state. That's what hurt them. They can't fathom someone leaving their great, glittering paradise of pleasure for a place like Alabama. That's like someone cancelling a cruise with Seabourn and having to mingle with the commoners on a Carnival cruise.

So Mr. Jaworski can credit basically all his success to cheating. I think that he just needs to shut up about integrity and the fans in Miami can eat what slipped out of Jaworski's mouth during Monday Night Football on 9/12/2011 and die. Remember this... the faster global warming occurs, the faster that glittering armpit of America goes underwater. So hop in your Hummer tonight, drive all night, and let's deplete some ozone baby.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Nerdy on TideFans.com

Parents of players recruited by Saban seem to disagree with "Jaws" opinion. If Saban was a liar then why do so many parents send their kids to play for Nick Saban. IOW, Jaws is full or crap and he knows it.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Volatile on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    Parents of players recruited by Saban seem to disagree with "Jaws" opinion. If Saban was a liar then why do so many parents send their kids to play for Nick Saban. IOW, Jaws is full or crap and he knows it.
    Of course he's full of crap because sometimes when he opens his mouth, it slips out.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Who cares what this mouth says about CNS? Stuff happens, move on. CNS is at BAMA and well, the haters will hate.

RTR!!!!

BamaNation Second Team CRMSNtide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people act like he raped and murdered someone when he left Miami, i just don't get it.

He didn't like the pro job, got a good offer to return to college, talked it over with his family, and decided to take it.

Could have handled the media better, but that doesn't make him evil and a bad person.

I think some people are just sick of his success, end up being haters and saying silly stuff about him.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to when we, as a fan base, can just ignore such drivel, much as I'm sure Coach does.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

Why do you think his nickname is "Jaws" ? Another ESPN , former average player motormouth ! nrtr...

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Since he doesn't like people who don't have integrity, then he is in the wrong business, the NFL media. I never liked him when he played and still do not like him. I wish I had no read that article.
    Amen Gray.

Fortunately, after reading your usual cogent and substantive post, I didn't read the article.

Thank you brother...

BamaNation First Team Huckleberry's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

I find professional broadcasters who curse on the air to be lacking in personal integrity and undeserving of keeping their Monday Night Football gig. Thankfully, so did ESPN. (Actually, I'm more offended by sanctimonious prigs who make a living criticizing others.)

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jaworski calls Saban a liar

It means soooo much coming from a mouth breather, who can talk.