Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jaworski calls Saban a liar

The transition from one job to another is an inherently tricky business, even for people who are not in the public eye. Any person contemplating leaving one organization to join another owes his current employer the courtesy of not jeopardizing ongoing operations by engaging in public rumination about the prospect of resigning. Jaworski and these other sanctimonious ESPN types talk and write as if Saban's loyalty should have flowed to them, to the sports press, as if Saban owed the public full disclosure of all that he was thinking regarding the Alabama job. In fact, by denying interest in the Alabama job until he had definitely decided to accept Mal Moore's offer, Nick Saban was correctly showing loyalty to the Dolphins organization, which was his professional responsibility for as long as he remained on their payroll.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big Ron is just another butt sore hater.
    You would think that Coach Saban is the only coach to ever leave the NFL.

Part of the folks in Miami didn't like Coach Saban, but they were quick to jump up and down
    When CNS left them. Guess it would have been ok with them, if they fired him.
    Like a jilted lover, the Miami fans, couldn't stand that Coach Saban moved on.
    (Did I fail to mention a certain segment of LSU fans who never forgave Coach Saban
    for leaving them and going to the Pros. Coach Saban magnified their hatred when he left
    the Pros and came to Alabama.)

TWO PARTING SHOTS
    I admit to looking at this issue thru Crimson Glasses, but I forgave Fran for jumping ship
    and going to TAMU. Question is will TAMU forgive us for them 'Taking' him.
    I'm feeling magnanimous... I'm even going to forgive UK. for stealing the 'Sweater Boy'.
    If he had hung around there would have really been a sale at the brick yard.

Did I mention that CBC was the last man drafted in the NFL that year...

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN is known for its integrity.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...3541--nfl.html

See?!

BamaNation All-American Clubfitter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Jaws has always been one of my favorite NFL analyst. Guess I will look at that a little differently. It's obvious he needs to grow up
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

And now how many years ago did this happen? The media just can't let it go. LOL
    Roll Tide!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American Clubfitter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamafan78 View Post
    And now how many years ago did this happen? The media just can't let it go. LOL
    1st Rob Parker blows a gasket, now Jaws makes an effort to take Rob out of the news. Media types will do almost anything to draw attention to themselves!!!
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What I write is my opinion only. No one was ever a bigger sports fan growing up than me, radio television, it didn't matter. I charted baseball box scores and kept football game stats with paper and pencil and read the sports section the next day to validate all my work.

Sometime, I think in the early to mid 70's professional sports changed. The owners and players started making unrealistic demands and as things have played out over the past 30+ years the real loser has been the fans. I am not naive to the point of understanding that change happens and should be embraced, but what has happened is that the real loser now has been the game itself.

I have not watched a Super Bowl since the Bears vs the Patriots and the last World Series I watched was Boston vs Cincinnati in 1975. The NBA isn't even worth mentioning.

Now the media ( read ESPN ) lets washed up players and coaches have a forum to express their opinions that no one cares a lick about, rather than sticking to the analysis of a game and its potential outcome. I only watch ESPN when there is a college football game on that interests me, usually only an SEC matchup. Unfortunately ESPN has become what professional sports has become, rude, opionated, in your face and money driven. I for one will not be a part of this type "entertainment".
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If a coach admits to being interested in another job or even listening to a job offer they run the risk of getting fired. I'd lie as well and I doubt Ja-who-ski has always told his bosses when he was looking for another job either.

BamaNation First Team BamaBoots's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Jaworski calls Saban a liar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    An ESPN employee questions a man's integrity. That's laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    Nail on the Head. I am almost positive that he has never asked the owner of the Dolphins what his point of view was on the situation. But then again we wouldn't want to find the truth or talk to the person that it mattered the most to.

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

And Jaworski is a liar because he deceives people by making them think he has 3 super sized packs of marshmallows stuck in his cheeks...

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Volatile on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by EHSWildkats View Post
    And Jaworski is a liar because he deceives people by making them think he has 3 super sized packs of marshmallows stuck in his cheeks...

I think his cheeks are getting larger because they are transitioning into buttocks. Since he already spews crap out of his mouth, when the cheek transition is complete, both his ends will be identical.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Jaws is an idiot. Has he never heard of Petrino who left the Falcons with 3 games left on the season. He left like a thief in the night -- bit like Tubs at Texas Tech.

Saban left Miami at the end of the season with the blessing of the owner. Of course, there was that denial of coming to Bama but at the time the statement was made he was not and said he was the coach of the Miami Dolphins.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation First Team 3 tide tats's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Jaworski.... hope you choke on your super bowl ring..... oh wait
    It is what it is