Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Yeehaw on TideFans.com

Re: Jaworski calls Saban a liar

The talking heads can't just praise Coach Saban all day and appear balanced. I think it is credit to Coach Saban that they are forced to keep going back to this.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This is just totally uncalled for. What reason does Jaws have to bring this back up other than to stir the pot for ratings.

I've changed jobs in the past and had no alternative but to keep it under wraps. If someone had asked me if I was looking for another job I would have said no in order to support my family until I found the job I needed. In my case, my company was going bankrupt and I didn't want to throw the whole staff into a state of paranoia.

ESPN knows this is how job seeking works and so does Jaws. Let's see what he does when NBC comes calling with a bigger contract.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

ThumbsDown Re: Jaworski calls Saban a liar

Ron ( Jaws) Jaworski is a total P.O.S.

RTR
    15 National Championships
    They've got a name for the winners of the world, and i want a name when i lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blue.( Steely Dan 1978 )

ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Looks like Rex Ryan & Jack Del Rio's kids are forgoing scholarship offers to walk on at Alabama & Learn from CNS & staff.

That means Daddy pays everything.

I think that says enough about Coach Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Go Bama;2065985]This is just totally uncalled for. What reason does Jaws have to bring this back up other than to stir the pot for ratings.

I've changed jobs in the past and had no alternative but to keep it under wraps. If someone had asked me if I was looking for another job I would have said no in order to support my family until I found the job I needed. In my case, my company was going bankrupt and I didn't want to throw the whole staff into a state of paranoia.

ESPN knows this is how job seeking works and so does Jaws. Let's see what he does when NBC comes calling with a bigger contract.[/QUOTE]

Don't think you have to worry about that happening.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Big deal. A lot of people say this about Saban. I live in southeast fla. I can't tell you how often people feel free to break out into a hate rant about Coach Saban when they discover I'm a Bama fan. Sometimes I know the person, sometimes I don't. I had someone, who supposedly was at my house on a PR mission from Home Depot regarding breakage during an install, lambast me over Saban! He had noticed all my Bama stuff around the house and decided I needed to know how he felt. The other night, a friend's brother whom I just met, went on a "I'm not a domer fan, but Go Notre Dame" because he despises Saban and thinks he's scum just that much!
    If I had a nickel for each time somebody had accosted me out of nowhere about their hatred for Saban, it would have helped me pay for our tickets to the....BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!! I'll be happy to live with their tirades!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Asleep on TideFans.com

bamamc calls jaworski things that would get me banned for a while.....

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Asleep on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maudiemae View Post
    Big deal. A lot of people say this about Saban. I live in southeast fla. I can't tell you how often people feel free to break out into a hate rant about Coach Saban when they discover I'm a Bama fan. Sometimes I know the person, sometimes I don't. I had someone, who supposedly was at my house on a PR mission from Home Depot regarding breakage during an install, lambast me over Saban! He had noticed all my Bama stuff around the house and decided I needed to know how he felt. The other night, a friend's brother whom I just met, went on a "I'm not a domer fan, but Go Notre Dame" because he despises Saban and thinks he's scum just that much!
    If I had a nickel for each time somebody had accosted me out of nowhere about their hatred for Saban, it would have helped me pay for our tickets to the....BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!! I'll be happy to live with their tirades!
    I might have made a call to Home Depot and let them know how their rep acted while at your home. Believe me, Pizza Hut found out how I felt when my delivery guy showed up at my home after the Iron Bowl in 2010 wearing his aubarn sweatshirt and saying war eagle. I bet that never happens again.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Jaworski did us a favor releasing his stench. The Paul Tagliabue led NFL is in a state of dis harmony and depression right now, and I can't think of anywhere worse to land than in Cleveland.

Jaworski vs the unrealistic Bama fan. At least one is authentic.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the myths that the NFL media, and mainly butthurt Dolphin fans like to throw at Saban that drives me crazy is the "he can't coach grown men" propaganda...

I've watched a lot of NFL football in my lifetime, but the amount of NFL football I've watched has become increasingly rare in recent years. Why? Because of the immaturity of the players.

Honestly, have you ever seen as much immaturity as you do in the NFL? I caught an episode of "Hard Knocks" about the Dolphins prior to the season where they were about to trade a player... a former 1st round pick in Vontae Davis.

When the GM informed him that he was being traded, the first thing out of that kid's mouth was "I need to call my grandma"...

Now, does this sound like "grown men" to you? I'll guarantee that Saban has a lot of players under him at Alabama that are more mature than a lot of NFL players. Just because you're overpaid with a big NFL contract doesn't make you a grown man.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing is people act like coaching in the NFL is the only coaching that matters... as if any coach in the NFL no matter how bad they are would automatically succeed if they went to college and coach.

Do these people not keep tabs of the amount of NFL coaches that go to college, fail, and get fired?

I believe college coaching is more actual "coaching" and X's and O's than the NFL is. The NFL is all about managing egos and personalities... followed by the salary cap... which is why there's a GM, a 'capologist', this suit, that suit, etc.... and some bean counter telling you who to cut and who to keep to make the numbers fit.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

What burns me up is how disingenuous some of the talking heads are with coach Saban's time in the NFL. Just in his teams performance he was not a failure at all, he was above average for the few years right before and after his tenure. All of the failure talk is a direct result of his leaving, or shunning the NFL.

If coach Saban wanted another shot, he could do a lot better than Cleveland. Because the one's with sense know that the emotional stuff has nothing to do with his coaching ability, and they would also know that he would have to be in for the long haul this time. The one's who like to make money, who put aside the non business junk would come calling in droves.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    I might have made a call to Home Depot and let them know how their rep acted while at your home. Believe me, Pizza Hut found out how I felt when my delivery guy showed up at my home after the Iron Bowl in 2010 wearing his aubarn sweatshirt and saying war eagle. I bet that never happens again.
    Thank you. Later, I felt like I should have. I couldn't decide whether or not to do it at the time. I wondered if the guy was a tad "off center", if you know what I mean. I had so much going on right then and so many things to worry about, I just let it slide. But what an odd thing to do, and he was a middle aged man! I hope Pizza Hut boy learned something about appropriate behavior!
    Last edited by Maudiemae; December 18th, 2012 at 01:52 PM.