Jaworski calls Saban a liar

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Jaworski did us a favor releasing his stench. The Paul Tagliabue led NFL is in a state of dis harmony and depression right now, and I can't think of anywhere worse to land than in Cleveland.

Jaworski vs the unrealistic Bama fan. At least one is authentic.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
One of the myths that the NFL media, and mainly butthurt Dolphin fans like to throw at Saban that drives me crazy is the "he can't coach grown men" propaganda...

I've watched a lot of NFL football in my lifetime, but the amount of NFL football I've watched has become increasingly rare in recent years. Why? Because of the immaturity of the players.

Honestly, have you ever seen as much immaturity as you do in the NFL? I caught an episode of "Hard Knocks" about the Dolphins prior to the season where they were about to trade a player... a former 1st round pick in Vontae Davis.

When the GM informed him that he was being traded, the first thing out of that kid's mouth was "I need to call my grandma"...

Now, does this sound like "grown men" to you? I'll guarantee that Saban has a lot of players under him at Alabama that are more mature than a lot of NFL players. Just because you're overpaid with a big NFL contract doesn't make you a grown man.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Another thing is people act like coaching in the NFL is the only coaching that matters... as if any coach in the NFL no matter how bad they are would automatically succeed if they went to college and coach.

Do these people not keep tabs of the amount of NFL coaches that go to college, fail, and get fired?

I believe college coaching is more actual "coaching" and X's and O's than the NFL is. The NFL is all about managing egos and personalities... followed by the salary cap... which is why there's a GM, a 'capologist', this suit, that suit, etc.... and some bean counter telling you who to cut and who to keep to make the numbers fit.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
What burns me up is how disingenuous some of the talking heads are with coach Saban's time in the NFL. Just in his teams performance he was not a failure at all, he was above average for the few years right before and after his tenure. All of the failure talk is a direct result of his leaving, or shunning the NFL.

If coach Saban wanted another shot, he could do a lot better than Cleveland. Because the one's with sense know that the emotional stuff has nothing to do with his coaching ability, and they would also know that he would have to be in for the long haul this time. The one's who like to make money, who put aside the non business junk would come calling in droves.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
I might have made a call to Home Depot and let them know how their rep acted while at your home. Believe me, Pizza Hut found out how I felt when my delivery guy showed up at my home after the Iron Bowl in 2010 wearing his aubarn sweatshirt and saying war eagle. I bet that never happens again.
Thank you. Later, I felt like I should have. I couldn't decide whether or not to do it at the time. I wondered if the guy was a tad "off center", if you know what I mean. I had so much going on right then and so many things to worry about, I just let it slide. But what an odd thing to do, and he was a middle aged man! I hope Pizza Hut boy learned something about appropriate behavior!

Last edited:

TideRush

Scout Team
Jan 4, 2011
Jaws was taken out of the booth on MNF because he can't speak on the fly. He is great at breaking down film, but can't do it live. He's a loose cannon now, because he's all recorded. Anything he says "live" is not worth much. Why does he have an axe to grind? It was the Dolphins Jaws, not the friggin' Eagles!!!! I'd be willing to bet he wouldn't ask or say that to Coach Saban's face. Jaws is irrelevant. Not much there. Not that it will, or ever would, or I'm in favor of, but in a hypothetical sitch, I would love to hear his reaction if Saban replaced Reed. Priceless.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.