Jaworski calls Saban a liar

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
An ESPN employee questions a man's integrity. That's laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I know Petrino left Atlanta in a weird way but have y'all noticed that when a coach leaves the NFL for College (head coach that is) they go absolutely NUTS?!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Dear Jaws:

The Tuscaloosa city dump is a nicer place to be than Philly. Thanks for your input, though.

With warmest regards,
Nick

PS. You just might qualify as the dumbest ex-jock on TV. Congratulations.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
He says Saban has no integrity. Then he says you can't be successful without integrity. Then he says Saban will probable win another NC. And that's to go with the three he already has. Ain't that being about as successful as you can get in college football? So IMO, Saban seems to be full of integrity, and Jaws is talking out of both sides of his mouth, as almost all media people do.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Jabo is disingenuous. Like many, he uses this mistake on Saban's part as a convenient replacement for the real reasons.....which are probably wussified. Like he doesn't approve of his recruiting, or he dislikes the SEC, but I guarantee you his hatred is not because of those ancient press conferences.

What are the real reason Jawaorski, you jealous, or did he beat up your favorite college team? Whatever it is, you're lying.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
It's funny that Ron Jaworski would care about integrity since the only reason that he is as successful as he is today is because he was sent from the Rams to the Eagles in 1977 by an illegal trade.

During the 1976 season, Jaworski had been demoted to third string in L.A. and his contract ended after the season. The Rams weren't offering him the exquisite pay that he apparently thought that a third string QB who hadn't been performing at the level that the club expected deserved, so he was shopping around. Dick Vermeil in Philadelphia had a tight end (also no longer under contract) that wasn't happy with what the Eagles were offering, he was looking for a QB, and offered Jaworski an opportunity to start. So, the Rams and the Eagles swapped negotiating rights for the players, which was technically illegal under NFL bylaws since the players were no longer under contract.

Jaworski negotiated his contract with the Eagles and went on to great success... because of an illegal act. I don't know if Jaworski knew that the trade of negotiating rights were illegal, but that doesn't change the fact that he profited from basically cheating (so much for integrity, Mr. Jaworski). I don't know if Nick Saban was knowingly lying when he said that he wasn't going to be the coach at Alabama. Anytime that one says that they are not going to do something that is within the realm of possibility, they are possibly making an untrue statement. If Ron Jaworski had said at the beginning of the 1976 season that he wasn't going to be the quarterback at Philadelphia, he would have been making an untrue statement. I guess that would have made him a liar, and he doesn't like liars.

I find it hard to believe that he doesn't understand how people without integrity can be successful. Has he never met a successful politician? If he's in Miami a lot, then he's certainly met successful people that have no integrity. Miami is the natural gathering spot for the self-absorbed, hedonistic, and indifferent. They seemed so hurt because Nick Saban told them one thing and then did another. They were just hurt because he left them for Alabama, which they basically consider to be a third-world state. That's what hurt them. They can't fathom someone leaving their great, glittering paradise of pleasure for a place like Alabama. That's like someone cancelling a cruise with Seabourn and having to mingle with the commoners on a Carnival cruise.

So Mr. Jaworski can credit basically all his success to cheating. I think that he just needs to shut up about integrity and the fans in Miami can eat what slipped out of Jaworski's mouth during Monday Night Football on 9/12/2011 and die. Remember this... the faster global warming occurs, the faster that glittering armpit of America goes underwater. So hop in your Hummer tonight, drive all night, and let's deplete some ozone baby. :biggrin:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Parents of players recruited by Saban seem to disagree with "Jaws" opinion. If Saban was a liar then why do so many parents send their kids to play for Nick Saban. IOW, Jaws is full or crap and he knows it.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Who cares what this mouth says about CNS? Stuff happens, move on. CNS is at BAMA and well, the haters will hate.

RTR!!!!

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Some people act like he raped and murdered someone when he left Miami, i just don't get it.

He didn't like the pro job, got a good offer to return to college, talked it over with his family, and decided to take it.

Could have handled the media better, but that doesn't make him evil and a bad person.

I think some people are just sick of his success, end up being haters and saying silly stuff about him.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I'm looking forward to when we, as a fan base, can just ignore such drivel, much as I'm sure Coach does.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Since he doesn't like people who don't have integrity, then he is in the wrong business, the NFL media. I never liked him when he played and still do not like him. I wish I had no read that article.
Amen Gray.

Fortunately, after reading your usual cogent and substantive post, I didn't read the article.

Thank you brother...

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I find professional broadcasters who curse on the air to be lacking in personal integrity and undeserving of keeping their Monday Night Football gig. Thankfully, so did ESPN. (Actually, I'm more offended by sanctimonious prigs who make a living criticizing others.)

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
The transition from one job to another is an inherently tricky business, even for people who are not in the public eye. Any person contemplating leaving one organization to join another owes his current employer the courtesy of not jeopardizing ongoing operations by engaging in public rumination about the prospect of resigning. Jaworski and these other sanctimonious ESPN types talk and write as if Saban's loyalty should have flowed to them, to the sports press, as if Saban owed the public full disclosure of all that he was thinking regarding the Alabama job. In fact, by denying interest in the Alabama job until he had definitely decided to accept Mal Moore's offer, Nick Saban was correctly showing loyalty to the Dolphins organization, which was his professional responsibility for as long as he remained on their payroll.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.