Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

ESPN BCS Title Game Debate Video- Regis Philbin, Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless

Regis actually shows some common sense, Smith picks Bama, Bayless is still an idiot and hates us for some reason.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=874...goryid=2564308

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

Re: ESPN BCS Title Game Debate Video- Regis Philbin, Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Regis actually shows some common sense, Smith picks Bama, Bayless is still an idiot and hates us for some reason.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=874...goryid=2564308
    Bayless gets up every day and draws the short straw and the ratings watchers at "Cold Pizza" say, "Ok, it's your turn to argue like a complete fool."

And then he does it.

He has espoused things on that show no SANE person could ever endorse.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Re: ESPN BCS Title Game Debate Video- Regis Philbin, Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Bayless gets up every day and draws the short straw and the ratings watchers at "Cold Pizza" say, "Ok, it's your turn to argue like a complete fool."

And then he does it.

He has espoused things on that show no SANE person could ever endorse.
    ESPN's "Embrace Debate" doctrine at work.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bayless is just hollering for ratings. Steven A has been rolling with us since Nick touched down in Tuscaloosa. He knows what the deal is. Bayless is just butt hurt that is Sooners can't make it out the Big 12.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Bayless doesn't think Alabama will break 100 yards rushing. That is just another reason why I ignore anything he says. His argument that Oklahoma was shut down in their rushing attack against ND doesn't mean anything. Oklahoma isn't Alabama and this is a completely different game on a completely different level.

Heck, Regis Philbin shows less bias than Skip Bayless and Philbin graduated from Notre Dame.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    Bayless doesn't think Alabama will break 100 yards rushing. That is just another reason why I ignore anything he says. His argument that Oklahoma was shut down in their rushing attack against ND doesn't mean anything. Oklahoma isn't Alabama and this is a completely different game on a completely different level.

Heck, Regis Philbin shows less bias than Skip Bayless and Philbin graduated from Notre Dame.
    That's because he knows. Philbin is no dummy. Though when he said that Golson was as good as JF, that was kinds funny, but no way we let him get loose. We'll be well rested and ready for him.
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    That's because he knows. Philbin is no dummy. Though when he said that Golson was as good as JF, that was kinds funny, but no way we let him get loose. We'll be well rested and ready for him.
    Absolutely. I've liked Philbin ever since he picked us over Georgia in 2008 when everyone else said Georgia would run over us. Yeah, I think Alabama will keep Golson in check throughout the game.

Also, it's not good for a show when the guest makes more sense than the host.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Absolutely. I've liked Philbin ever since he picked us over Georgia in 2008 when everyone else said Georgia would run over us. Yeah, I think Alabama will keep Golson in check throughout the game.

Also, it's not good for a show when the guest makes more sense than the host.
    Considering the ratings Bayless brings in, it makes perfect sense for ESPN... hence why they keep using him.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Considering the ratings Bayless brings in, it makes perfect sense for ESPN... hence why they keep using him.
    That's true. Any publicity is good publicity in that business.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

He's probably right. Michigan ran for 161 yards against the best defense in the history of the universe. That said I doubt we'll break 100, it'll probably be 200.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    He's probably right. Michigan ran for 161 yards against the best defense in the history of the universe. That said I doubt we'll break 100, it'll probably be 200.
    Pitt RB Graham ran for 172 yards by himself. Graham is only 5'9, 190 lbs.

BamaNation Third Team

I've heard Regis call Nick Saban the best coach in college football several times. He's always been very respectful towards Alabama and Nick Saban. I always got a kick out of him when it came to football. He loves Notre Dame.

Suspended
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

This reminds me so much of the Texas game in 2009.