Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    Pitt RB Graham ran for 172 yards by himself. Graham is only 5'9, 190 lbs.
    The ND NT Nix did not play in that game until the 4th quarter due to illness. ND had over 500 yards offense in that game but also had 3 TO's. I'm not sure we can assume Lacy will run for 400 just because Graham is half his size and went for 180. I think we'll be able to run but our best opportunities will probably come from the passing game when ND cheats a Safety to support the run. I'm just not sure that we'll simply walk over them with the running game. If we can, then it's going to get ugly but this is probably not likely.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: ESPN BCS Title Game Debate Video- Regis Philbin, Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    Bayless doesn't think Alabama will break 100 yards rushing. That is just another reason why I ignore anything he says. His argument that Oklahoma was shut down in their rushing attack against ND doesn't mean anything. Oklahoma isn't Alabama and this is a completely different game on a completely different level.

Heck, Regis Philbin shows less bias than Skip Bayless and Philbin graduated from Notre Dame.
    OU only ran it 16 times. With those few attempts they could have averaged 6 yards per carry and still not rushed for 100.

Did anybody point THAT out?
    :13

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: ESPN BCS Title Game Debate Video- Regis Philbin, Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless

I really think we're going to see ND played inspired on defense. After what Alabama did to Georgia, you know most of their prep time has been on finding tendencies to key on the run. I hope we find ways to get them off balance early but still keep balance between the pass and effective running.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    ESPN's "Embrace Debate" doctrine at work.
    Even using that as a metric, there is no reason to spend 1 uSec listening to Skipless Bayless. Remember, we ran him out of Dallas, for good reason. In a place that embraces pretty much every conspiracy theory around, he was too much for us.
    "Mama called."

So, we took her home.

3/8/26-8/20/13

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Skip Brainless?
    :13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I really think we're going to see ND played inspired on defense. After what Alabama did to Georgia, you know most of their prep time has been on finding tendencies to key on the run. I hope we find ways to get them off balance early but still keep balance between the pass and effective running.

every team we play keys on the run
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we'll be balanced. About 250 rushing and 250 passing.

BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carol91670 View Post
    I've heard Regis call Nick Saban the best coach in college football several times. He's always been very respectful towards Alabama and Nick Saban. I always got a kick out of him when it came to football. He loves Notre Dame.
    Yeah, he loves ND as much as we love The Tide and I respect that. I almost hate it for him that ND won't win him a championship this year at his age and the long dry spell they've had.... maybe next year.

On second thought, nah. We'll take that one too.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I respect Smith, but never listen to anything Skip "Clueless" has to say!
    Sports Do Not Build Character...They Reveal It. - John Wooden

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by psupoop View Post
    The ND NT Nix did not play in that game until the 4th quarter due to illness. ND had over 500 yards offense in that game but also had 3 TO's. I'm not sure we can assume Lacy will run for 400 just because Graham is half his size and went for 180. I think we'll be able to run but our best opportunities will probably come from the passing game when ND cheats a Safety to support the run. I'm just not sure that we'll simply walk over them with the running game. If we can, then it's going to get ugly but this is probably not likely.

agreed to some extent. BUT the media keeps pointing out how GREAT their front 7 is and yet Graham who is an average RB in size ( btw, Graham is a good back) ripped them in South Bend. Nix or not, you do not allowed a RB to dominate you like that at HOME. where was Teo and their stout run defense??
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; December 15th, 2012 at 12:13 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ldlane, whats with the purple and gold avatar? Closet corndog

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    agreed to some extent. BUT the media keeps pointing out how GREAT their front 7 is and yet Graham who is an average RB in size ( btw, Graham is a good back) ripped them in South Bend. Nix or not, you do not allowed a RB to dominate you like that at HOME. where was Teo and their stout run defense??
    I just don't think we can take their front 7 lightly. I know the fans don't play the game but I also think the media is doing all the heavy lifting for us right now. This just fuels our team to work harder. I'd love to have the team act as if they are underdogs. Why argue the point when the game is played on the field? We should just smile and admit we have no chance, no chance against this ND front 7. I mean, they must be a bunch of All Americans! Bama usually plays well when they have no chance to win, just don't tell our team we're favored by 10.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    every team we play keys on the run
    I think Georgia was respecting the deep ball a little more than you think. It is the reason why we made a shift to running the ball midway through the second quarter. We had to run them into creeping their safeties up so we could throw it deep.