ESPN BCS Title Game Debate Video- Regis Philbin, Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I've heard Regis call Nick Saban the best coach in college football several times. He's always been very respectful towards Alabama and Nick Saban. I always got a kick out of him when it came to football. He loves Notre Dame.
Yeah, he loves ND as much as we love The Tide and I respect that. I almost hate it for him that ND won't win him a championship this year at his age and the long dry spell they've had.... maybe next year.

On second thought, nah. We'll take that one too. :)

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I respect Smith, but never listen to anything Skip "Clueless" has to say!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
The ND NT Nix did not play in that game until the 4th quarter due to illness. ND had over 500 yards offense in that game but also had 3 TO's. I'm not sure we can assume Lacy will run for 400 just because Graham is half his size and went for 180. I think we'll be able to run but our best opportunities will probably come from the passing game when ND cheats a Safety to support the run. I'm just not sure that we'll simply walk over them with the running game. If we can, then it's going to get ugly but this is probably not likely.

agreed to some extent. BUT the media keeps pointing out how GREAT their front 7 is and yet Graham who is an average RB in size ( btw, Graham is a good back) ripped them in South Bend. Nix or not, you do not allowed a RB to dominate you like that at HOME. where was Teo and their stout run defense?? :rolleye2:

Last edited:

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA
agreed to some extent. BUT the media keeps pointing out how GREAT their front 7 is and yet Graham who is an average RB in size ( btw, Graham is a good back) ripped them in South Bend. Nix or not, you do not allowed a RB to dominate you like that at HOME. where was Teo and their stout run defense?? :rolleye2:
I just don't think we can take their front 7 lightly. I know the fans don't play the game but I also think the media is doing all the heavy lifting for us right now. This just fuels our team to work harder. I'd love to have the team act as if they are underdogs. Why argue the point when the game is played on the field? We should just smile and admit we have no chance, no chance against this ND front 7. I mean, they must be a bunch of All Americans! Bama usually plays well when they have no chance to win, just don't tell our team we're favored by 10.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
every team we play keys on the run
I think Georgia was respecting the deep ball a little more than you think. It is the reason why we made a shift to running the ball midway through the second quarter. We had to run them into creeping their safeties up so we could throw it deep.

RTR251

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2011
Mobile, Al
How come none of these "experts" mentioned Bama's and ND's common opponent Michigan. Bama won 42-14 while ND won 13-6, Blue turned the ball over 6 times and the Iris only managed to beat them by 7 points.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think Georgia was respecting the deep ball a little more than you think. It is the reason why we made a shift to running the ball midway through the second quarter. We had to run them into creeping their safeties up so we could throw it deep.
I think this is exactly what we decided to do. We decided to see if we could just make one 1st after another running, until they were baited in. It happened that the first deep ball was the dagger to the heart, but that was the pattern we'd set up and I'd not be surprised to see it against ND, if we have running success...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Notre Dame is in an interesting situation because from what I've seen and how their fans talk, they've been able to stop the run without completely committing a safety into run support. They may cheat the safety a little but they really believe in their front seven's ability to fill the gaps and clean up the run. The tale of the game is kind of simple for our offense: if they can in fact contain the ground attack well enough without safety support, we're going to struggle. I think we could still win but it would be hard fought.

We'll know early on what their gameplan will be. I get the feeling they are going to come out with something like a bear front look against 2-TE regardless of this talk of this talk about stopping the run with seven. If they don't, we need to run right at them.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Notre Dame is in an interesting situation because from what I've seen and how their fans talk, they've been able to stop the run without completely committing a safety into run support. They may cheat the safety a little but they really believe in their front seven's ability to fill the gaps and clean up the run. The tale of the game is kind of simple for our offense: if they can in fact contain the ground attack well enough without safety support, we're going to struggle. I think we could still win but it would be hard fought.

We'll know early on what their gameplan will be. I get the feeling they are going to come out with something like a bear front look against 2-TE regardless of this talk of this talk about stopping the run with seven. If they don't, we need to run right at them.

I need to watch the ND vs MSU game and see how they stopped Leveon Bell and the Sparty run game.

I hope we put them to a decision quickly on how to defend us by mixing a power run game with a couple of play action high-reward deep shots early on...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.