Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: ESPN BCS Title Game Debate Video- Regis Philbin, Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless

How come none of these "experts" mentioned Bama's and ND's common opponent Michigan. Bama won 42-14 while ND won 13-6, Blue turned the ball over 6 times and the Iris only managed to beat them by 7 points.
    Last edited by RTR251; December 15th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

ESPN BCS Title Game Debate Video- Regis Philbin, Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless

Quote Originally Posted by G-VilleTider View Post
    Hey Ldlane, whats with the purple and gold avatar? Closet corndog
    My school logo and color!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESPN BCS Title Game Debate Video- Regis Philbin, Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I think Georgia was respecting the deep ball a little more than you think. It is the reason why we made a shift to running the ball midway through the second quarter. We had to run them into creeping their safeties up so we could throw it deep.
    I think this is exactly what we decided to do. We decided to see if we could just make one 1st after another running, until they were baited in. It happened that the first deep ball was the dagger to the heart, but that was the pattern we'd set up and I'd not be surprised to see it against ND, if we have running success...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Notre Dame is in an interesting situation because from what I've seen and how their fans talk, they've been able to stop the run without completely committing a safety into run support. They may cheat the safety a little but they really believe in their front seven's ability to fill the gaps and clean up the run. The tale of the game is kind of simple for our offense: if they can in fact contain the ground attack well enough without safety support, we're going to struggle. I think we could still win but it would be hard fought.

We'll know early on what their gameplan will be. I get the feeling they are going to come out with something like a bear front look against 2-TE regardless of this talk of this talk about stopping the run with seven. If they don't, we need to run right at them.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Notre Dame is in an interesting situation because from what I've seen and how their fans talk, they've been able to stop the run without completely committing a safety into run support. They may cheat the safety a little but they really believe in their front seven's ability to fill the gaps and clean up the run. The tale of the game is kind of simple for our offense: if they can in fact contain the ground attack well enough without safety support, we're going to struggle. I think we could still win but it would be hard fought.

We'll know early on what their gameplan will be. I get the feeling they are going to come out with something like a bear front look against 2-TE regardless of this talk of this talk about stopping the run with seven. If they don't, we need to run right at them.

I need to watch the ND vs MSU game and see how they stopped Leveon Bell and the Sparty run game.

I hope we put them to a decision quickly on how to defend us by mixing a power run game with a couple of play action high-reward deep shots early on...
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

ESPN BCS Title Game Debate Video- Regis Philbin, Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless

MSU wasn't as good as they've been in the past. With no passing game it was easy for them to key in and stop him.
    ROLL TIDE!