ESPN BCS Title Game Debate Video- Regis Philbin, Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Bayless doesn't think Alabama will break 100 yards rushing. :conf3: That is just another reason why I ignore anything he says. His argument that Oklahoma was shut down in their rushing attack against ND doesn't mean anything. Oklahoma isn't Alabama and this is a completely different game on a completely different level.

Heck, Regis Philbin shows less bias than Skip Bayless and Philbin graduated from Notre Dame.

Bayless doesn't think Alabama will break 100 yards rushing. :conf3: That is just another reason why I ignore anything he says. His argument that Oklahoma was shut down in their rushing attack against ND doesn't mean anything. Oklahoma isn't Alabama and this is a completely different game on a completely different level.

Heck, Regis Philbin shows less bias than Skip Bayless and Philbin graduated from Notre Dame.
That's because he knows. Philbin is no dummy. Though when he said that Golson was as good as JF, that was kinds funny, but no way we let him get loose. We'll be well rested and ready for him.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
That's because he knows. Philbin is no dummy. Though when he said that Golson was as good as JF, that was kinds funny, but no way we let him get loose. We'll be well rested and ready for him.
Absolutely. I've liked Philbin ever since he picked us over Georgia in 2008 when everyone else said Georgia would run over us. Yeah, I think Alabama will keep Golson in check throughout the game.

Also, it's not good for a show when the guest makes more sense than the host.

Absolutely. I've liked Philbin ever since he picked us over Georgia in 2008 when everyone else said Georgia would run over us. Yeah, I think Alabama will keep Golson in check throughout the game.

Also, it's not good for a show when the guest makes more sense than the host.
Considering the ratings Bayless brings in, it makes perfect sense for ESPN... hence why they keep using him.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

He's probably right. Michigan ran for 161 yards against the best defense in the history of the universe. That said I doubt we'll break 100, it'll probably be 200.

Carol91670

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 1, 2002
Paris, Texas, United States
I've heard Regis call Nick Saban the best coach in college football several times. He's always been very respectful towards Alabama and Nick Saban. I always got a kick out of him when it came to football. He loves Notre Dame.

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA
Pitt RB Graham ran for 172 yards by himself. Graham is only 5'9, 190 lbs.
The ND NT Nix did not play in that game until the 4th quarter due to illness. ND had over 500 yards offense in that game but also had 3 TO's. I'm not sure we can assume Lacy will run for 400 just because Graham is half his size and went for 180. I think we'll be able to run but our best opportunities will probably come from the passing game when ND cheats a Safety to support the run. I'm just not sure that we'll simply walk over them with the running game. If we can, then it's going to get ugly but this is probably not likely.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

OU only ran it 16 times. With those few attempts they could have averaged 6 yards per carry and still not rushed for 100.

Did anybody point THAT out?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I really think we're going to see ND played inspired on defense. After what Alabama did to Georgia, you know most of their prep time has been on finding tendencies to key on the run. I hope we find ways to get them off balance early but still keep balance between the pass and effective running.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
ESPN's "Embrace Debate" doctrine at work.
Even using that as a metric, there is no reason to spend 1 uSec listening to Skipless Bayless. Remember, we ran him out of Dallas, for good reason. In a place that embraces pretty much every conspiracy theory around, he was too much for us.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I really think we're going to see ND played inspired on defense. After what Alabama did to Georgia, you know most of their prep time has been on finding tendencies to key on the run. I hope we find ways to get them off balance early but still keep balance between the pass and effective running.

every team we play keys on the run

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.