Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: Numbers Never Lie on why Notre Dame will win the BCSNCG

How many of these stats come from the National Title Game? None.

These stats come from previous games throughout the season. Alabama and Notre Dame haven't faced each other so every statistic is simply that, a statistic. Conversions, points, attempts, none of that guarantees victory. You could find stats that are all in favor of Alabama or all in favor of Notre Dame.

Players win Championships, not numbers. Once the players step on the field the only numbers that matter are the ones on the scoreboard.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

"Alabama won't be able to consistently run on Texas' number 1 ranked rushing defense." - December, 2009
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Notre Dame will be lucky to get on the board, in my opinion. Their strongest opponent was Michigan.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

I don't care what those guys were saying bc that is by far the coolest segment that network does. I will be tuning in to that show for sure.

There is no question ND has a strong run defense and an excellent redzone defense. I honestly expect Bama to struggle in the redzone against ND and have to settle for FG's, especially in the first half.

I also expect ND to struggle just as much, if not more in the red zone. Bama has been vulnerable in the passing game outside the red zone, but not in it. I just don't see ND being able to score more than 1 TD in the redzone (if that).

I also don't expect ND to get into the redzone as much as Bama. They are also not a big play team, they aren't built for it, so I don't expect them to score from outside the redzone much either. Bama can if AJ can get some time here and there.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

I hate the name of that show "Numbers never lie." Numbers may not lie, but they can be manipulate to fit into anybody's arguement.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

ESPN/rest of the college world are desperate to defeat Alabama and the SEC they say and do anything to promote Our Mum. They must think that Alabama is as weak minded as the Big 10. It's only 3 more weeks before the game and you know Santa Saban and his assistant elves will be busy conjuring up magic for the game.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrusade View Post
    Notre Dame will be lucky to get on the board, in my opinion. Their strongest opponent was Michigan.
    You don't think Stanford was their strongest opponent?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Stanford was probably the best team they've played but they didn't get Stanford's best shot. Their staff stuck with Nunes at QB through the Notre Dame game and moved to Hogan - who gave their offense some true balance - shortly after that game. I don't think they beat Stanford with Hogan at QB today. Oklahoma was their second best opponent but they're consistently a soft team that struggles to run well in big games outside the Big-12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Numbers Never Lie on why Notre Dame will win the BCSNCG

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    I hate the name of that show "Numbers never lie." Numbers may not lie, but they can be manipulate to fit into anybody's arguement.
    And that's exactly what they did. You have a former NBA player, an NBA writer and Hugh Douglas. Such a sad mix to begin with and then they are talking about college football. Smh...
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post
    2 or 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And one of those came on a fictionaly penalty in the Florida Atlantic game that gave them the 1st and goal anyway.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Man, folks outside of us REALLY don't want Alabama to win...LOL.
    "Um, that's just like, your opinion, man."

- The Dude

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I have never seen numbers win a game...it is the players who wear those numbers...and our players are good...we may not win but it will not be for lack of pluck and grit.