Link: Elite 11 2013 CO QB Luke Del Rio to Walk-On at Alabama

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Re: 2013 CO QB Luke Del Rio

From Charles Powers:

Hey guys, we're aware of the talk that Luke Del Rio has committed to walk on at Alabama. It's our understanding that he's having an official announcement at some point tomorrow. We are waiting for him to announce his decision, but we expect it to be Alabama. As he said in our update yesterday, his sister goes to school at UA and he will be a preferred walk-on.

And yes his father is Jack Del Rio

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

Wow, 29th ranked QB and he's going to walk on at UA with offers from Oklahoma St and Oregon St. CNS must be doing something right...:wink:

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

Got a picture of his sister?????? How did Alabama get a connection with the Del Rio family?

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

isn't this the kid that was Okie St commit? wow, crazy we get him as a walk on!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Nice pickup. Tells you something about the state of our program when a high profile kid like this will pass up multiple scholly offers to come here.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011

Should have 5 to play 4...
He must sit 2 years or would retroactively count against the 25/85 limits. In year 1 and 2 he will count against the 105 practice limits and then have 3 years to play 3.

It works out well for both sides here since there was next to no chance he would see the field as a true freshman with AJ/Sims/Ely returning or redshirt freshman against Sims/Ely/Morris.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

He must sit 2 years or would retroactively count against the 25/85 limits. In year 1 and 2 he will count against the 105 practice limits and then have 3 years to play 3.

It works out well for both sides here since there was next to no chance he would see the field as a true freshman with AJ/Sims/Ely returning or redshirt freshman against Sims/Ely/Morris.
I thought he was a senior in HS. He's in this year's Elite 11. Where do you think he played in college? LINK

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I think someone said this is about him being around CNS for future coaching purposes. Since his family is financially secure it makes perfect sense.

Besides without even knowing anything about his skills and knowing he had offers from other legit schools, he'll be a great option (in case of injuries in the future).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I think someone said this is about him being around CNS for future coaching purposes. Since his family is financially secure it makes perfect sense.

Besides without even knowing anything about his skills and knowing he had offers from other legit schools, he'll be a great option (in case of injuries in the future).
See my link to him in the Elite 11 in the thread I just started. Helluva an arm and a finalist...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Watched it! Dude is legit!
I think the recruiting services have him around 27-29. However, the Elite 11 is a nationwide competition. I'll take that to mean that he's a legit top 11 in the country over any recruiting guru. He said that he was coming to earn a scholarship...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.