Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Re: We have TWO QBs in the Elite 11 and one is a walkon...?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Well, regardless of how DelRio would count in the scholarship tally, you have to like the numbers...Between Ely, Morris, Bateman, McCleod and DelRio, the odds favor at least one breaking out.

If I had to place money on a post-AJ scenario, I'd project a care taking year by Morris or Ely, followed by a strong bid from DelRio or Bateman. Without knowing the strengths and weaknesses of either, it would stand to reason that a coach's son would have the edge in conforming to Saban's emphasis on decision-making and ball security.

BTW, it says volumes that an NFL head coach would send his son to Saban, never mind who's paying the tab.
    You forgot Blake Sims.
    "They're not better than us," Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick said of the Tide. "They're better than everyone."

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We have TWO QBs in the Elite 11 and one is a walkon...?

These are good times, indeed! Roll Tide!
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant