ESPN will not use "Pistol Formation" term today

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
They still run the shotgun and it should be identified as such. The pistol could be referred to as the sawedoff easy enough.

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I very much admire ESPN's dedication to the Jimmy V. Foundation. That's a great thing. It serves a real purpose.

Deciding to not say "pistol" today is certainly their choice. Perhaps someone involved with the broadcast has a personal connection to the tragedy and this is a way of showing respect. I hope they're not pulling a Costas.

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA
This would be completely appropriate if there was a semi-auto rifle offense but this is an over the top attempt at censure. Like someone said above it is ridiculous they are inserting themselves into the conversation.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
This would be completely appropriate if there was a semi-auto rifle offense but this is an over the top attempt at censure. Like someone said above it is ridiculous they are inserting themselves into the conversation.

How would that be appropriate? The weapons used were two 9mm pistols. It is ridiculous, I do agree with that.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Thought he used semi-auto rifle? Just trying to point out that changing a name does nothing for victims.
Two 9mm pistols were used, he had an assault rifle but they haven't determined if it was used.

This is just stupid. If ESPN hadn't brought attention to the word, the association would never be made. Yesterday's insanity has nothing to do with today's football game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.