Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

New Mexico Bowl: Nevada vs Arizona

I've been working all morning so I haven't had a chance to watch the game but I did see this video of an Arizona player fight on the sideline. Is it going that badly for them?

http://bit.ly/ZvppmB
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: New Mexico Bowl: Nevada vs Arizona

Perhaps they should aim some of that aggression toward the opposing team, then their D might be in the top 100 at least. They've given up 28 points, 200+ yards rushing, 350+ total yards...before half time.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

make that 31 pts, 267 yds. rushing, and 421 total yds...at the half, and it's only 31-28.

RichRod philosophy...we don't need no stinkin' defense. Man did we dodge a bullet.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This is really, really BAD football. Folks on the least coast need to understand the object is to STOP the other team. Not lay down and let them score so you can get your offense back on the field.

What is it with the rest of the country and defense (or lack thereof)? 28 - 28 at half. It's worse than flag football where there are probably better inadvertent hits than these guys can make trying to tackle somebody. And the non-SEC people think this is good football.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    What is it with the rest of the country and defense (or lack thereof)? 28 - 28 at half. It's worse than flag football where there are probably better inadvertent hits than these guys can make trying to tackle somebody. And the non-SEC people think this is good football.
    Trust me... no one is thinking this bowl game is good football.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

How can you get that BAD on defense?

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Nevada already has 35 first downs in the 3rd quarter. If they don't slack up on offense, they could reach the record of 45.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

Arizona comes back and takes a one point lead with 19 seconds left in the game...
    That's the paradox of success. The moment you stop to enjoy it, you are in trouble. You have to keep moving forward. It's not what you have done that's important. It's where you are going.
    — Alabama Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Amazing finish to this game. Arizona scored 2 touchdowns inside the last minute of the game to win by 1.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSEC View Post
    Amazing finish to this game. Arizona scored 2 touchdowns inside the last minute of the game to win by 1.
    Yep, more great 'defense'.