Link: Bad memory but good to make one appreciate every minute of today's program...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Bryant said that Nebraska team was the best football team he ever saw and they were really really good.

We dominated every team we played that year, upset Southern Cal in game one, and we were truly outstanding.

Still we weren't able to even compete with those guys.

But as far as programs, Coach Bryant's was every bit as good as it is today. We won three national titles in the 70's and were very close several more times.

sip

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
That Nebraska team was awesome! I remember the game but not the details. As I watched the video today, I had forgotten how hard hitting that game was...Musso and Davis going down with injuries. Looking back, if we could have passed the ball, we could have done better but I do not think it would have mattered. The Huskers that year were unstoppable with Rodgers, Kenney. Tagge and that defense led by Rich Glover. We could not block him all night. We were good but we just could not compete on the field with them that night

tidegrandpa

All-American
Bryant said that Nebraska team was the best football team he ever saw and they were really really good.

We dominated every team we played that year, upset Southern Cal in game one, and we were truly outstanding.

Still we weren't able to even compete with those guys.

But as far as programs, Coach Bryant's was every bit as good as it is today. We won three national titles in the 70's and were very close several more times.

sip
Yeah, sorry, that wasn't my intent to be criticizing this team, I am just now glad that we are the more physical team with all the talent and can go against anyone in the country. One of our defensive tackles that year was 177 lbs. We were just out manned in this game and it was the National Title game.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Yeah, sorry, that wasn't my intent to be criticizing this team, I am just now glad that we are the more physical team with all the talent and can go against anyone in the country. One of our defensive tackles that year was 177 lbs. We were just out manned in this game and it was the National Title game.
I wouldn't admit it at the time but the NC game was Nebraska-Oklahoma. We were a really good team but the Big 8 was that much better than everybody else then, sort of like the SEC today. Still I thought that any team of Bear's couldn't lose an NC game and that we were all the way back. I was rudely awakened. The boogs with Sullivan/Beasley got blown away by OK in the Sugar. Nebraska Oklahoma Colorado went 1 2 3 in the final poll and deserved it no matter what I wanted to believe.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.