Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2013 Running back Depth for Alabama

We have so many backs coming in, I just get the feeling they are anticipating something more than Lacy. I could be wrong and I'm simply speculating.

2. Advertisement

You think so? I don't see how they can get playing time, unless one of them will play the same role that Drake was in this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by beatthemtigers View Post
    No way that all 3 of our rb's coming in are all going to be redshirted. I think 1 for sure will see playing time and maybe 2
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

No way Lacey is coming back. his draft stock went like AAPL from the beginning of last year. I see TJ being the starter with the backup spot being a battle between Drake and Fowler..here is my guess on how they pan out

Yeldon
    Fowler
    Drake
    Hart
    Henry
    Tenpenny
    Jones

thats how i think it starts. by the first few games i expect one of the freshman to break into the top 3 and 4. i dont expect any of those RB's to be RS unless injured

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    You think so? I don't see how they can get playing time, unless one of them will play the same role that Drake was in this year.
    Depends on how well fowler and hart recover I suppose but I'm sure at least one of them will get some mop up duty
    "Well, this is the second time this season now that Florida has found itself trailing in a ballgame, they were down 7-0 against Kentucky. There are few truths in an uncertain world but here's one, this ain't Kentucky!" - Verne Lundquist

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I honestly think Eddie will be back but even if he goes running back depth isn't a problem. It's probably the least of our concerns.

Henry wouldn't have committed if he didn't think he'd be given a chance at running back.

Stewart will play defense.

I'm not familiar with Spencer Duncan and Trey Roberts. Are they related to Ben Howell?
    Stewart was quoted recently he will start at WR. Incredible with the ball in his hands.

Henry will be at RB and will be a great one before all is said and done.

The depth at RB is sick and the running game will continue to be our identity.

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I haven't heard anything about Dee Hart lending toward medical hardship?
    With two ACL ruptures, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility, depending on his rehab progress...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We have been recruiting Henry aggressively from the outset, so I don't Hart going down initiated some full-court press on him.

Look at what is probable depth chart:

Yeldon
    Fowler
    Drake
    Hart
    Tenpenny
    Jones
    Henry

One thing to consider is that Fowler may get plenty of true tailback snaps but I think it is very likely he may become a top option at H-B next season. We've gotten hardly anything from that position this season and his versatility as a pass catch option is huge. It may mean that a third back will get more significant regular action than we've seen in previous seasons because Fowler will be playing a good deal at fullback or h-back in base packages. Looking at the Michigan game - the only time we really got to see Fowler, Lacy, and Yeldon together - that seemed to be the case for this season before the injury.

I'm guessing one of the Freshman may have a shot at passing Drake, specifically Henry who has that leg-drive ability to pound out yards between the tackles. I get the feeling that Hart's opportunity as a tailback may have passed and he will be mainly a special teams guy.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The pecking order at RB will work itself out.

Imo Yeldon is the only proven commodity (esp. with Jalston hurt) and the depth behind him could be anyone.

Henry, Tenpenny, even Jones could be breakout backs for us next year and have big numbers. You just never know. RB is definitely one position I don't worry about as long as CNS is around.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2013 Running back Depth for Alabama

I'm more worried about the O and D lines next season. I believe RBs will be just fine when it comes to depth.
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: 2013 Running back Depth for Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I'm more worried about the O and D lines next season. I believe RBs will be just fine when it comes to depth.
    I think we'll be ok at the LOS. There is always someone in the offseason who comes of age and here is where we will see that happen. I do believe we are going to be more of a running team next year since run blocking has become an artform at the Capstone and pass blocking needs more development by the new starters. And I really hope that Fowler rehabs into pre-injury form so we can use the I formation again. Yea, I think we will reload nicely again for next season.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2013 Running back Depth for Alabama

I think we'll be fine as well. Just basically the whole line of both sides will be gone, besides CK. However, we do have a lot coming back. Ivory will be a beast next year!
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    We have been recruiting Henry aggressively from the outset, so I don't Hart going down initiated some full-court press on him.

Look at what is probable depth chart:

Yeldon
    Fowler
    Drake
    Hart
    Tenpenny
    Jones
    Henry

One thing to consider is that Fowler may get plenty of true tailback snaps but I think it is very likely he may become a top option at H-B next season. We've gotten hardly anything from that position this season and his versatility as a pass catch option is huge. It may mean that a third back will get more significant regular action than we've seen in previous seasons because Fowler will be playing a good deal at fullback or h-back in base packages. Looking at the Michigan game - the only time we really got to see Fowler, Lacy, and Yeldon together - that seemed to be the case for this season before the injury.

I'm guessing one of the Freshman may have a shot at passing Drake, specifically Henry who has that leg-drive ability to pound out yards between the tackles. I get the feeling that Hart's opportunity as a tailback may have passed and he will be mainly a special teams guy.
    I think that JF will be used in both capacities, just as he was pre-injury. He's versatile enough he can do it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

As always, the playing time of the incoming freshmen at RB will be largely determined by how well they block.