Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2013 Running back Depth for Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I think that JF will be used in both capacities, just as he was pre-injury. He's versatile enough he can do it...
    Yup, can block and had great hands.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2013 Running back Depth for Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by FThomas View Post
    As always, the playing time of the incoming freshmen at RB will be largely determined by how well they block.
    IIRC, D. Henry will be an early enrollee. That should help him immensely as far as learning the playbook and picking up blocking techniques. (Don't know if he has good hands or not - anyone know?) Regardless, it'll be hard keeping him on the bench next year, IMO.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Lot of depth as it looks right now, but we've got a long way to go. Two of those kids are coming back from major knee injuries, and the harsh realities of the tailback position are such that in a typical year you can expect to lose somewhere between one and three players either for the entire year due to injuries, or at least for a fairly significant portion of it with a performance-hampering injury (high ankle sprains, MCL sprains, turf toe, etc).

We'll see how it plays out, but frankly I don't see either Tenpenny or Henry redshirting if they are healthy. They may get carries like Drake got this year, but I don't think those guys will be on the scout team come next November.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Blah on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Calloway will be a H-B barring injuries. Injuries happened this year and he became the back-end depth at tailback.
    I guess you didn't see the wink at the end of my post.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame GreatDanish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    We'll see how it plays out, but frankly I don't see either Tenpenny or Henry redshirting if they are healthy. They may get carries like Drake got this year, but I don't think those guys will be on the scout team come next November.
    With Henry looking to enroll early, he looks like a pretty solid bet to play as a true freshman.