3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
Recent Stubhub prices

Orange Bowl. $14.99
Sugar Bowl. $36.00
Fiesta Bowl. $130.00
Rose Bowl. $140.00

BCS Championship. $1200. (standing room)

The current format has really reduced the appeal of the traditional bowl games.

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
The cheap tickets are in club LIV.Not sure it's the kind of setting I want to watch a Championship calibre football game in.They are not going to get any cheaper either.

Finally broke down Thursday and got two tickets in the upper deck 20-yardline-ish with parking and Fans Zone tickets for $3100 (for both tickets ). Since then watched prices go up daily. It grinds my gears to have to pay that kind of cash, but this my be one for the history books.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I know the Orange has a stinko matchup, but does the bowl hosting the BCSCG usually suffer in its regular game as far as ticket sales and prices go?

NJRollTide

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 20, 2009
Here's my recent purchases...Pasadena $700(great seats), New Orleans $1175(upper deck at the 20), SECCG $350(luxury suite), Giants-Pats I $1500(upper deck corner of the end zone WAY UP), Giants-Pats II $1900(great seats)- I refuse to pay more for this than those Super Bowls. At the college events I waited till I got to the stadium and scalped and didn't give in as tix were a lot more money on the web the weeks leading up to it. Just the opposite for the Super Bowls. I bought before I left and by game time tickets were almost at face value and I was annoyed with myself. My point is that I will take my chances with cash the day of the game.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Here's my recent purchases...Pasadena $700(great seats), New Orleans $1175(upper deck at the 20), SECCG $350(luxury suite), Giants-Pats I $1500(upper deck corner of the end zone WAY UP), Giants-Pats II $1900(great seats)- I refuse to pay more for this than those Super Bowls. At the college events I waited till I got to the stadium and scalped and didn't give in as tix were a lot more money on the web the weeks leading up to it. Just the opposite for the Super Bowls. I bought before I left and by game time tickets were almost at face value and I was annoyed with myself. My point is that I will take my chances with cash the day of the game.
Normally I would expect you to be able to get away with that. However, the two of the best fan bases with numbers of followers willing to pay big money to go to the game this year may make that difficult. Yes the price is forcing a lot of pause and anger out of those that can't afford (or will not pay). I am not sure we have seen the demand grow more since bowl games started being a real factor.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
I would go so far as to say that you could purchase tickets to all 4 BCS bowls AND the plane tickets to get there for less then the price of those championship game tickets.

NJRollTide

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 20, 2009
Normally I would expect you to be able to get away with that. However, the two of the best fan bases with numbers of followers willing to pay big money to go to the game this year may make that difficult. Yes the price is forcing a lot of pause and anger out of those that can't afford (or will not pay). I am not sure we have seen the demand grow more since bowl games started being a real factor.
I think the prices online are keeping a lot of people away. People thatlast year went to New Orleans anyway because the drive was short. I spoke to my uncle's friend who has been a ticket broker for 40 years and his exact words were, " Don't panic, prices are crazy right now but they will come down the Saturday before the game"...for what it's worth

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I think the prices online are keeping a lot of people away. People thatlast year went to New Orleans anyway because the drive was short. I spoke to my uncle's friend who has been a ticket broker for 40 years and his exact words were, " Don't panic, prices are crazy right now but they will come down the Saturday before the game"...for what it's worth
NJ, I think your uncle's friend was right. They have dropped from $1600 down to $1125 over the past 36 hours on stub hub. Apparently BAMA and ND alumni have finally received tickets or at least seat locations. When I looked yesterday AM 7800 tix were available, just now 9500. A bunch of sections were "white" (ones allocated to UA&ND) showing no tix yesterday morning, right now every section has tickets available.

A ticket broker I know told me a minimum 25K tickets are for sale on ebay/stub hub/ticket city etc. He quit buying the day after the SEC Title game and he continues to get 10-15 calls selling for every call buying. When I told him I bought one last night for $1468 including all fees, shipping, etc, his response was "you coulda bought the same seat for $850-$900 within a week". I know I could of had the same section and 1 row closer for $200 cheaper I waited 24 hours. Dang it.... :mad:

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
NJ, I think your uncle's friend was right. They have dropped from $1600 down to $1125 over the past 36 hours on stub hub. Apparently BAMA and ND alumni have finally received tickets or at least seat locations. When I looked yesterday AM 7800 tix were available, just now 9500. A bunch of sections were "white" (ones allocated to UA&ND) showing no tix yesterday morning, right now every section has tickets available.

A ticket broker I know told me a minimum 25K tickets are for sale on ebay/stub hub/ticket city etc. He quit buying the day after the SEC Title game and he continues to get 10-15 calls selling for every call buying. When I told him I bought one last night for $1468 including all fees, shipping, etc, his response was "you coulda bought the same seat for $850-$900 within a week". I know I could of had the same section and 1 row closer for $200 cheaper I waited 24 hours. Dang it.... :mad:
I've noticed the same things on StubHub. I was waiting till the schools' tickets got listed this week. Now comes the deciding on the timing of when to buy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

WillyT

Dec 17, 2012
I think this will go down as the most legendary football game in the early 21st century. It will be replayed on ESPN classic over and over and over again. I think a ticket to this game in the end...will be priceless.

NJRollTide

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 20, 2009
This time last year there were not as many tickets available. I'm just waiting it out. I'll go down to Miami with cash and see what happens. RTR

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
This time last year there were not as many tickets available. I'm just waiting it out. I'll go down to Miami with cash and see what happens. RTR
Hang in there. There has been significant downward trend in prices since TidePride tickets got listed earlier in the week. They should continue to fall. I'm waiting it out till hopefully the prices aren't so crazy and getting tickets in the Bama section.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.