Jeremy Pruitt to FSU as DC

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
A little harsh with that comment. Coach Sal was a highly respected NFL coach and was a great assistant and recruiter at Bama. You don't get a DC gig if your not a good coach. He did not do well at UT but that had more to do with the talent and implementing a totally new scheme.
Sal is a highly respected position coach and highly respected recruiter in the college game. He's not going to be the DC at Alabama as long as CNS is our coach.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Sal is a highly respected position coach and highly respected recruiter in the college game. He's not going to be the DC at Alabama as long as CNS is our coach.
Exactly..Coach Sal is considered one of the best(if not the best) LB'ers coach in the game..I would thrilled if he comes back to Bama coaching our LB'ers..I honestly thought our LB'ers as a group..Didn't look as good this year..As compared to the last couple of years..I think that's due to Coach Sal leaving..He's a better LB'er coach than Lance Thompson..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Exactly..Coach Sal is considered one of the best(if not the best) LB'ers coach in the game..I would thrilled if he comes back to Bama coaching our LB'ers..I honestly thought our LB'ers as a group..Didn't look as good this year..As compared to the last couple of years..I think that's due to Coach Sal leaving..He's a better LB'er coach than Lance Thompson..
I agree somewhat but not having a Rolando, Donta or Courtney you are not going to look as good no matter who is coaching.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree somewhat but not having a Rolando, Donta or Courtney you are not going to look as good no matter who is coaching.
You make a valid point..I dunno..We still have some mighty good LB'ers though..I think Coach Sal would have had them playing better as a group..JMO..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I felt like Upshaw and Hightower improved as pass rushers technique-wise with Coach Sal. Of course for Hightower, a lot of it was simply getting healthy off his knee surgery. I wouldn't mind bringing him back if Saban wants him because I think he's a high quality teacher on pass rush at OLB. It would be great to see Hubbard, Dickson, and Devall get to the next level because they have the pure ability to be elite rush guys.

I may be wrong but we usually have an ILB coach and OLB coach, right?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
To answer my own question: Smart is the ILB coach and Thompson is the OLB coach. Perhaps move Smart back to the secondary with Saban, Thompson to ILB, and Sal to OLB.

chains

Scout Team
Jun 12, 2009
I hate to see Pruitt leave, for personal reasons. I knew his grandfather, know his dad and Jeremy. Jeremy was raised to coach. He was very close to getting on the "on field" staff when Sal was hired. Everything he has attained he has worked hard for. THAT bEING said, Jeremy would be the first to tell you someone will take his place as a top notch recruiter. College coaches are overpaid car salesmen.....nothing more....nothing less. As Josh McNeil has found out...it's a business.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Smart was previously the co-DC and secondary coach around the time Steele was here from 07-08. I believe he moved to ILB either in 2009 or 2010 when some of the staff moved on.

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
Saw on twitter we are talking with a defensive coordinator from the acc to fill the spot. Former auburn player. Who would that be? Willis?

Roll Tide

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I really have never been impressed with our OLB performance under CLT. He's an excellent recruiter but the only way you'll not recruit well when coaching at Alabama is if you're a bad recruiter. I'd rather have a mediocre salesman and top teacher to be quite honest because he gets the Bama boost simply by walking into the room with a Bama polo on.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I really have never been impressed with our OLB performance under CLT. He's an excellent recruiter but the only way you'll not recruit well when coaching at Alabama is if you're a bad recruiter. I'd rather have a mediocre salesman and top teacher to be quite honest because he gets the Bama boost simply by walking into the room with a Bama polo on.
He's developed into an acceptable field coach. When he was here with Dubose, he was, um, unacceptable...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.