Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Suspended
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Re: Jeremy Pruitt to FSU as DC

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2012/1...or-alabama-fsu

Most fans are not happy with this hire as much to say Jimbo's tenure is on the line.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    A little harsh with that comment. Coach Sal was a highly respected NFL coach and was a great assistant and recruiter at Bama. You don't get a DC gig if your not a good coach. He did not do well at UT but that had more to do with the talent and implementing a totally new scheme.
    Sal is a highly respected position coach and highly respected recruiter in the college game. He's not going to be the DC at Alabama as long as CNS is our coach.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamabryan View Post
    Sal is a highly respected position coach and highly respected recruiter in the college game. He's not going to be the DC at Alabama as long as CNS is our coach.
    I totally agree about not being DC but would take him as a position coach in a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree about not being DC but would take him as a position coach in a heartbeat.
    I agree. As we have discussed also he's an outstanding recruiter as well. I would love to see him come back to Alabama as a position coach.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Exactly..Coach Sal is considered one of the best(if not the best) LB'ers coach in the game..I would thrilled if he comes back to Bama coaching our LB'ers..I honestly thought our LB'ers as a group..Didn't look as good this year..As compared to the last couple of years..I think that's due to Coach Sal leaving..He's a better LB'er coach than Lance Thompson..

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Exactly..Coach Sal is considered one of the best(if not the best) LB'ers coach in the game..I would thrilled if he comes back to Bama coaching our LB'ers..I honestly thought our LB'ers as a group..Didn't look as good this year..As compared to the last couple of years..I think that's due to Coach Sal leaving..He's a better LB'er coach than Lance Thompson..
    I agree somewhat but not having a Rolando, Donta or Courtney you are not going to look as good no matter who is coaching.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I agree somewhat but not having a Rolando, Donta or Courtney you are not going to look as good no matter who is coaching.
    You make a valid point..I dunno..We still have some mighty good LB'ers though..I think Coach Sal would have had them playing better as a group..JMO..

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I felt like Upshaw and Hightower improved as pass rushers technique-wise with Coach Sal. Of course for Hightower, a lot of it was simply getting healthy off his knee surgery. I wouldn't mind bringing him back if Saban wants him because I think he's a high quality teacher on pass rush at OLB. It would be great to see Hubbard, Dickson, and Devall get to the next level because they have the pure ability to be elite rush guys.

I may be wrong but we usually have an ILB coach and OLB coach, right?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

To answer my own question: Smart is the ILB coach and Thompson is the OLB coach. Perhaps move Smart back to the secondary with Saban, Thompson to ILB, and Sal to OLB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    To answer my own question: Smart is the ILB coach and Thompson is the OLB coach. Perhaps move Smart back to the secondary with Saban, Thompson to ILB, and Sal to OLB.
    I would love to see this happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I would love to see this happen.
    I would too. Somebody call Coach Saban

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to see Pruitt leave, for personal reasons. I knew his grandfather, know his dad and Jeremy. Jeremy was raised to coach. He was very close to getting on the "on field" staff when Sal was hired. Everything he has attained he has worked hard for. THAT bEING said, Jeremy would be the first to tell you someone will take his place as a top notch recruiter. College coaches are overpaid car salesmen.....nothing more....nothing less. As Josh McNeil has found out...it's a business.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Smart was previously the co-DC and secondary coach around the time Steele was here from 07-08. I believe he moved to ILB either in 2009 or 2010 when some of the staff moved on.