Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team lincoln_osiris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Re: Jeremy Pruitt to FSU as DC

Saw on twitter we are talking with a defensive coordinator from the acc to fill the spot. Former auburn player. Who would that be? Willis?

Roll Tide
    I'm a lead farmer

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln osiris View Post
    Saw on twitter we are talking with a defensive coordinator from the acc to fill the spot. Former auburn player. Who would that be? Willis?

Roll Tide
    I've heard his name mentioned and he's a good coach...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team lincoln_osiris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Yes he is.

Roll Tide
    I'm a lead farmer

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

That would be James Willis, former Alabama coach under Saban!

Post Thanks / Like

Hear that CSS may be joining him. That's better than CLT...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Hear that CSS may be joining him. That's better than CLT...
    Yeah that's the word right now. Being reported a few places.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I really have never been impressed with our OLB performance under CLT. He's an excellent recruiter but the only way you'll not recruit well when coaching at Alabama is if you're a bad recruiter. I'd rather have a mediocre salesman and top teacher to be quite honest because he gets the Bama boost simply by walking into the room with a Bama polo on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I really have never been impressed with our OLB performance under CLT. He's an excellent recruiter but the only way you'll not recruit well when coaching at Alabama is if you're a bad recruiter. I'd rather have a mediocre salesman and top teacher to be quite honest because he gets the Bama boost simply by walking into the room with a Bama polo on.
    He's developed into an acceptable field coach. When he was here with Dubose, he was, um, unacceptable...

BamaNation All-American silentsam74's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well, apparently my 'guy' got two down, one to go. I guess we'll see if Tyrone Nix ends up in Tallahassee as well.

Sources indicate that former Tennessee defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri has agreed to join the Florida State staff as a defensive assistant.

Noles247.com will have more on this as it develops.
    http://floridastate.247sports.com/Ar...sistant-107031
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    --Thucydides

It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. -- Gaius Julius Ceasar

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    He's developed into an acceptable field coach. When he was here with Dubose, he was, um, unacceptable...
    Still, I'd argue CLT is the weakest on-field hire of any guy other than Applewhite. I really think CSS paid some dividends in his one year. Sure, he had mature talent to coach but I do think we saw better use of technique from the OLBs in 2011 than 2012. Our OLBs this year just don't use their inside moves as a counter enough and don't take advantage of their hands to shed protectors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
    That would be James Willis, former Alabama coach under Saban!
    Charles Kelley. Played at Auburn in the 80's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Still, I'd argue CLT is the weakest on-field hire of any guy other than Applewhite. I really think CSS paid some dividends in his one year. Sure, he had mature talent to coach but I do think we saw better use of technique from the OLBs in 2011 than 2012. Our OLBs this year just don't use their inside moves as a counter enough and don't take advantage of their hands to shed protectors.
    I'm not arguing that CLT is a better field coach than CSS. I somehow didn't see CSS coming back, or being brought back, but JP was trying to pull CLT. CLT is an excellent recruiter and will probably take the coastal territory that CJP had and he'll hold it. That's better than having to bring in a decent LB coach from somewhere else who would start from ground zero on the coast. CLT knows the coaches and shouldn't miss a beat...

BamaNation All-American silentsam74's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

FSU rivals site chiming in on the possibility of Sal joining Pruitts defensive staff.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1449871

Multiple sources close to the situation have told Warchant.com that former Tennessee defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri is expected to join Pruitt on FSU's defensive staff. The 53-year old coach only lasted one season at Tennessee after being released with the rest of the staff when former head coach Derek Dooley was dismissed last month.

Sunseri was reached by phone late Sunday but would neither confirm nor deny that he had accepted a job to join Florida State's coaching staff. As of Sunday night Jimbo Fisher hadn't made any announcements about the hiring of new staff so it's not official that Sunseri has been hired just yet.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    --Thucydides

It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. -- Gaius Julius Ceasar